1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1940s Dresses Mildew Is there any hope?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Chelsea, Nov 3, 2011.

1. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Anne, my problem was only on the lining, which is strange, must have had to do with the way it had been stored by the previous owner. I've
    had it for quite some time but just took it off my rack a couple of weeks ago thinking time to let it go and found the darn mildew on the lining.

Too bad that other product isn't available anymore...

2. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Sorry - I should have mentioned - you can call them to order it. Don't know why you cant get online anymore. They are local here so I just go buy but I did check with them and if you give them a call, you can order. Good luck!!!

3. poppysvintageclothing

OK...thanks will try to see if they will send to Canada.

4. Chelsea

Chelsea Registered Guest

Sorry this is long after the fact but, I had great sucess with your sugestions! The most sucesfull was brushing them off, hanging them in the sunshine for a couple days. I spritzed some diluted vinegar on the worst of the bunch, then had them dry cleaned. Now they look and smell lovely no spots!

Thanks for all of the great advise!
    -Chelsea

5. poppysvintageclothing