1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BALENCIAGA COUTURE!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by louise, Oct 21, 2006.

1. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

hi, lve found a jacket over a dress with the similar trim effect dated 1961 in a thames & hudson Balenciaga book entitled 'fashion memoir'..also a jacket with a lot of detail fom 1960...l reckon that the era....with the brocade and baubles ebaded effect....

sorry l cant scan a copy toy ou just now as l am bagging my daughters pc.....dont reckon my pc will get looked at till xmas hols...and if it is dead l'll be buying a new on in jan sales...if you can wait that long!!
    has it got a V back?

2. louise

louise Registered Guest

3. louise

louise Registered Guest

balenciaga

And Sara, yes it does have a v-back

4. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Good luck with the listing Louise!

5. flapper girl

flapper girl Registered Guest

Dear Louise,
    Thanks for sharing this great dress with us. Also thank you for the link to the ebay listing. I now have you marked you in my favorites. Lorraine

6. louise

louise Registered Guest

7. VintageFray

VintageFray Alumni

hello, beautiful dress! I hope you don’t mind me asking why you haven’t listed it in vintage clothing? I definitely think this is the sort of dress you should consider listing in both vintage and woman’s clothing, because its so special. How great to find a picture of it in that book. Looks amazing.

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

WOW....Congratulations! I thought this might do well for you on ebay and it sure did!

9. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

l'm a watching!!!

10. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I did not read carefully...I now see you had to relist it! Good luck with it the 2nd time around, it is absolutely stunning....sorry I did not get to see it in person when I was in Toronto back in November for the wedding, just not enough time!

11. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I would strongly suggest putting it in vintage and putting the decade in there.

I would also suggest putting a few paragraph breaks - its hard to read

I would also suggest putting the actual measurements not just the waist. You may love this to go into a museum but there are many people who have the money to wear vintage couture as well.

12. louise

louise Registered Guest

Thanx for the advice folks, I made the changes to the listing:USETHUMBUP:

13. Just want to say OMG that is totally GORGEOUS!!! You are so lucky!

14. louise

louise Registered Guest

Well e-bay pulled the listing because I had a link to my website, I guess that's a no no.:puzzled: So I will be listing it again after the holidays.
    Just an FYI for you all