1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barkcloth/bark cloth and mid-century interiors. Show me yours and I'll show you mine!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, Sep 10, 2014.

1. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

2. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Love this thread. So adorable all Linda.
    -----
    My daughter says she is a minimalist. She is going to have one big problem one day.
    I have yet to find a vintage item I don't fall head over heels in love with. Memories, nostalgia?

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I can't seem to get into the site.... I somehow got into this thread because I had an alert, but otherwise I am locked out of the VFG.

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Me, too, Jonathan. I found a convoluted way to get in, but there is clearly a problem.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

everything seems to be okay now....

6. I've had trouble the last several days too. To get in, I have to hold my finger on the thread I want and then when my phone says "open in new tab" I tap it. That method works for me.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Sorry about that, Kenn said it was the one that printed out with the postage stamp, so he thought it was the right one.

The background colour is much lighter now - looks great.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I just noticed you could match up the patterns - they would continue along the selvedge.

9. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

Just found this thread and as I love all things MCM, it's awesome! I just found this curtain set on Kijiji that I'm thinking of buying it. They are 58" each 40" across the bottom and there are two of them. The seller is asking $20 for both. Is this a good size? It's hard to picture with just a measuring tape.
    $_27 (5).JPG

10. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Linda the Barkcloth looks great in your house. I love how your objects provide all the colour and pattern against the blank walls.

11. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The Mary Maxim sweater with the dancing Brave is GREAT!

12. poppysvintageclothing

Love the toys you have displayed on the red shelf...are they Marx Bros plastic ones? It all looks great, Linda!
    It's a pleasure to see how much fun you have with your decorating.

13. poppysvintageclothing

14. poppysvintageclothing

15. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Well I know which ones I like better... Have you thought of painting the walls beige or terracotta (or any of the colours of the horses - mustard yellow or olive green)? The couch and drapes would look amazing...

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  16. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Besides continuing your 'use the collection' ethos the Indian chase drapes are a better letter IMO. The scale of the print also works better on that large wall.

17. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I didn't sell the other pair, the person I got this pair from sold the other pair. Believe me, if I had both pairs I wouldn't have sold the one pair! Two pairs I could have used!

I know a lot of people are afraid of colour - but what about one wall... Tell you what -- you loan me your sweater collection for a display at the museum and I will paint a wall for you!

18. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Sold recently this one called Northcliffe.

Attached Files:

19. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I hate to tell you but I know the other set was cut up...

20. poppysvintageclothing