1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Country Set by Margit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by onceoza, Feb 16, 2012.

1. lktknow

lktknow Registered Guest

I was researching an outfit I purchased recently, with the label "Country Set" no Margit on the label though. I haven't found my outfit as of yet, but I found your skirt for sale on Etsey.

this is my outfit:

Attached Files:

2. pati Doyle

pati Doyle Registered Guest

I just found this about Margit Strauss, I am a retired fashion designer and I worked with Margit Strauss after she left Country Set. Yes, her husband was Richard . The company was mid 60's to 1971. Margit then joined Country Miss and designed the coordinated line Country suburbans. Margit was a very talented designer and great fun.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I have a Country Set label sundress in the shop. It's 1960s around 62-3 ish. This set, the style... looks more late 60s to me. This plaid and coloration was super popular then as well as the cape style 'jacket.' I also had once a cape with the similar fabric that I got from the original owner who'd made it in 1970, as she told me.