1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date help on this tooled leather clutch bag?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Retro Ruth, Jun 6, 2012.

1. joules

joules VFG Member

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

hey thanks guys! I'm really pleased. I put it out on my stall over the weekend and it got a lot of interest, but hasn't sold yet.

I think I'll up the price...

3. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Sounds like an appropriate move to me!

Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.
  4. Tulane

Tulane Registered Guest

I am very late to the conversation! I just found y'all because I was trying to find a value on my hand tooled leather handbag (yearly similar to the one under discussion).

What I know for sure is that it belonged to my grandmother. She died in the hospital in 1947. The hospital gave her children the bag and to this very day it still has the content on the day she died. I love the bag on so many levels.

This bag was made by the prisoners in Big Mac (McCallister, Ok prison). They sold them to the public. All of my aunts had them also.

Sorry for the auto correct....that is "very similar". Couldn't get back to it.

5. Retro Ruth

We can't help with valueing here, because it depends on so many factors (condition, time of year, current market conditions, how long you are willing to wait for it to sell, selling venue, seller reputation and contacts, ). You can look for similar bags on eBay closed listings, and Etsy, to get an idea of price.

Thanks for the information on your bag! That's really interesting.

6. Tulane

Tulane Registered Guest

Oh, you misunderstood me. I would never sell it; I was just expressing how I stumbled upon y'all.

cotmyey and Retro Ruth like this.
  7. Retro Ruth

Ah my mistake. Great to hear as it's a family item, I'm glad you aren't selling it.