1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Candy: APRONS! Post pics of your faves~

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pinky-a-gogo, Nov 24, 2015.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Yes it is Mary Jane and I about fell off my chair when I saw it. Mine all mine!

Ok here are some more. They need pressed I know. Most are mint condition.
    This is just Christmas Season mostly. I have themes.

A cute idea is to tie them on back of chairs for Christmas or other colors like this for parties etc.
    They make me smile. First thing I ever sewed in my life was an apron back in homemaking.
    A few more and all half aprons. I have bib ones also.

Attached Files:

lkranieri likes this.
  2. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

3. Love the Tony Sarg stuff especially! I'd never heard of him until this thread

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Just had to share - I was watching a Christmas cookery program during lunch today which featured Michel Roux (senior) wearing not only a 1960s psychedelic print silk shirt but also also his black and white cow print 'Christmas' apron - which he said hid any stains :D

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

7. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't collect aprons but bought these two and have one more that was a gift sometime in the 1970's that I just took a quick photo of and will upload. I bought the aqua apron in 2001 before I started collecting vintage clothing! It spoke to me!

Linn

Linn

8. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

9. foofoogal

again loving this thread.

10. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Love everyone's aprons! I also suffer from a tendency to hoard aprons. I started my holiday baking, and thought I'd post a pic of my favorite holiday apron. Don't mind the wrinkles and heavy dusting of flour!
    20151220_123906.jpg

11. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

This was a wonderfull 1950s micro-accordian pleated deadstock apron, but I had to wash it to remove a dark stain, so now it is just a very full skirted candy striped apron:
    DSCF0403.JPG

12. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

13. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Giving this a bump, I found two cute apron patterns in my archives.

mc1577a.jpg

abba.jpg
    abbb.jpg

14. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Still love this thread - I have such a soft spot for aprons - perhaps because my mother always wore one and they were all pretty cool. This one from Sandy's collection is amazing.

IMG_7229.jpg

15. foofoogal

Midge likes this.