1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fur Company & Label ID, please?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Maria-Emma, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Maria-Emma

Maria-Emma Registered Guest

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and grateful to find this forum, since I've hit a dead-end with this lovely vintage fur I have and need to sell.

It is a piece passed down to my mother by an aunt, possibly dating back any decade between the 60s and 80s.

It is a light brown coat, I heard it could be Mink but I'm not sure, so any assistance with identifying the kind as well, will be greatly appreciated.

Fortunately, it has been stored well and is still as good as new, with the label intact and readable.
    It features the name "fritsche VEVEY" while the initials "JM" are embroidered on the breast area.
    Here are a few (poor quality) pictures I took with my tablet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I performed a google search, but all I can find is general corporate information in French and German, mentioning that it's a Swiss company, probably liquidated at some point and now known as Elysee Fritsche Vevey and run by a Ms. Rosa Grenard, if I understand correctly.

That's all good, but it doesn't help much with its fashion identity and value... So, I would be most thankful if anyone can provide any information on the fur and the brand.

Thank you all in advance!

2. Maria-Emma

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Maria-Emma

5. Maria-Emma

These are the pics:

Attached Files:

6. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi, I’m sorry but I need a closer view of the jacket.