1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye to a treasured friend

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by fuzzylizzie, Aug 17, 2009.

1. joules

joules VFG Member

MC would have enjoyed this wheel, and I'll bet she would have a funny line about it; her refined sense of humor was unique and gentle. I'm sad though, trying to smile. The sock monkey quilt really got to me today.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe in October, a Day of the Dead Ofrenda shrine, would be a good thing. I would send this wheel, if I still had it. I'll be on the lookout for another. Could you just picture all the sock monkeys and things?

2. senoritahollywood

senoritahollywood VFG Member

Amanda, thank you especially for posting that, to know she did not suffer helps so much. I pray for her friends and family, a big ,big loss to all. I know MC would want us to be upbeat but , it's hard. One of my last posts on the VFG board was greeted by a supportive, enthusiastic responce from MC, I recall thinking, I can always count on Mary Catherine to have my back . I've been thinking of her a lot tonight, and trying to explain to my boyfriend that though I never met her in person , she taught me something significant, and that is, the simplest action, just a kind word, a smile , a virtual hug, can make all the differnce in someones day, we've all heard it before but someone like MC shows us how to truly live a life that touches others . still :(

3. Rest in peace, Mary Catherine, wonderful lady with a beautiful soul.

Please let us know if there will be a fund set up for MC.

4. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

I saw this on Denisebrain's facebook so I came here to read this...

so sorry to hear of this sad news. A loss to everyone and I'm thinking f her family and immediate friends.

A sad day.

5. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

I, too, have just returned from vacation and found this post.

May MC rest in peace and forever remain a treasure here at the VFG............I am deeply saddened by the news. :(

Gail

6. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Amanda, please let us know about the Memorial when you hear something.

7. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Wow. I had no idea she was even battling cancer - like everyone else noted, she was always so upbeat! I'm really saddened to hear this as well. She was such a sweetheart on the boards.

8. I just saw the announcement from the front page, I am so sad. She was an incredibly talented and sweet lady. I had not spoken with her in about 2 months or so through messaging, what a sad reminder that my life has been too busy for friends.:no: I will be remembering her family and friends in prayer.

9. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

There are still items for sale in Mary Catherine's e-bay store and Etsy pattern shop. There's negative feedback on Etsy from someone who paid for an item in September and didn't receive it.

Is there someone handling MC's estate who can take care of this? I'm sure she wouldn't want it left this way.

10. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

They are working on it - I'll remind them. So sad.