1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Dating a Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by mon, Jul 24, 2010.

1. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

When this dress was first shown as few days ago, I posted that it was early '60's because it really reminds me of several dresses worn by Jackie Kennedy while she was first lady. Here are two photos of her in 1962, on a trip to India.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bought a Calvin Klein dress last year with a side zipper. So while it might be unusual to find a side zipper in pieces later than '50's it's not impossible.

I agree that the brocade dress could be called a "cusper," but I definitely see early '60's.

Linn

3. yeah the second picture is fuller linn :) I wasnt saying zipper was impossible on the side in 60s just compared to other factors less likely... lovely picutes of the first lady btw! and the first one actually has a nice low waistline I see!

oooh makes one ponder... then again she most likely wore designer clothing and not generic fashion, so there would have been unique elements so to speak :)

Now I must go on the hunt.

4. bycin

bycin Guest

What Linn said, with pictures of Jackie. : )