1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help deciphering label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Heather Maston, Jan 30, 2021.

1. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

when i was a senior design student, one of our "challenges" was to design a garment of all white fabric...unfortunately, the fabric was a polyester (yuck) but at least it had a linen texture. Most of my classmates designed dresses of one sort or another, but i designed a shorts suit with high waisted shorts and a cropped boxy jacket...mine sold immediately after the show, and I didn't have a chance to ever get photos taken of it. (senior year, finals, fashion show all at the same time, and this challenge was the last of the semester)

for me in Hawaii, a shorts suit was a way to dress up a comfortable garment (shorts instead of a skirt).

sure wish i had photos of all those garments from back then. that was years before smart phones.

MagsRags, GemGem and Retro Ruth like this.
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I remember it from my mom's Burda magazine and that it was touted as "the" thing! And then of came also the shorts with opaque tights thing for the colder season... My mom made me a pair from a hot pink wool plaid fabric and I thought that was soooo chic!