1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in finding a corset training forum

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by pauline, Jun 2, 2013.

1. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

About 10 years ago there wear some corset wearing forums about about how to waist training etc
    any one know if they are still online?

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm sure this topic gets covered on the What Katie Did forums, Pauline, you might find some help there.

Code:
    http://www.whatkatiedid.com/public/forum.php

3. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

4. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you very much for your replays, It's not for me personally, thinking about a winter project and research for...

5. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you I do keep reading this forum not always login in, I am having some time off from vintage and also it's better to join in when you have something constructive to say.
    a lot of my time has been spend developing a proper wardrobe of modern clothes. From what I have worked out over the years every one discovered their love for vintage at sum period in their life and not born wearing it.
    I seamed to have done this the wrong way around!
    I am also looking for a slightly different angle to work on for the next seven years the internet has changed a lot since I joined here and I think I have to move with the times also.

6. elielijah

elielijah Registered Guest

The role of waist training is to force your body to adapt to different shapes in order to fit different clothing sizes. You have to keep your waist training to keep the shape your waist gives you, otherwise it will gradually recover the gravity and body design innateness. It will not reduce the size of anything or help reduce any type of fat, it will only push it to a better state. My best advice is to start looking for core exercise and improve your diet.

7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Just wanted to say HI to you, Pauline. And I really dig your shoes in the photo! You look wonderful. So nice to hear from you again. :hiya::hiya::hiya:

8. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I hope Pauline is still visiting and reading, but I don't think she has posted for quite awhile. This is "zombie" thread from 2013.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  9. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Pauline, I'll ask my Facebook friends--some of them make corsets.

10. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Oh too bad.

11. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

How do "zombie" threads get posted? And please don't say: "By a zombie."
    Marian

12. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

By a forum member posting a response to an old thread. In this case, a newly registered guest with an interest in corset training found Pauline's thread, perhaps using a search engine like google and responded with advice for Pauline.

Welcome Elielijah! If you're interested in vintage fashion too, this is a great forum with lots to discover.

13. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Oh! Now I know. Thank you, Maggie.
    Marian

MagsRags likes this.