1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help w/-1 feedback situation, I'm about to send a NASTY email.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vixen, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Vixen

Vixen Registered Guest

Help w/-1 feedback situation, I\'m about to send a NASTY email.

Ok, can someone help me keep my cool on this one? I'm SO tired and frustrated at getting emails from the "other" bidder. In my last and what I thought final email I said:
    JW,

You're right, she originally didn't. After her bid was cancelled, she contacted me with a valid reason (which I posted) and re-bid.
    Furthermore, as per eBay's rules:

Examples of legitimate bid cancellations:
    The bidder contacts you to back out of the auction.
    You are unable to verify the bidder's identity, after trying all reasonable means of contact.
    You want to end your listing early because your item is no longer available for sale.
    None of the above-mentionned were violated. I was able to verify her identity via paypal & her phone number.

I'm not really sure what else you would like to do in this matter. I can't just cancel people's bids without a legitimate reason! Had she NOT contacted me, then I would have (and even did, even though she explained her lack of feedback). If NO one was allowed to bid with low feedback, then how could anyone use eBay? Everyone starts off at "0" initially.

Check out what I've gotten in response. Should I just ignore her completely?

Hi
    Well the way that I look at it is that,this person has only one previouis ebay transaction which resulted in neg fdbk.When one puts a bid on an item they are suppose to be serious and if they have questions they are to ask them before bidding because as ebay constantly reminds us, putting a bid on an item is entering into a obligation to buy the item should they win.This person bid on the item and won and then for whatever reason they decided not to honor their agreement ( I'm not saying the reasons that she gave you are true or not true,you only know what she tells you ).The result was that the seller gave her neg fdbk which she didn't even bother to respond to until 10 minutes after she bid on your item.This to me shows that this person is not a serious bidder because if she wins an item and then decides not to buy it she just won't bother to send payment.I've been involved in a number of auctions where the other bidder wasn't serious and puts in a bid without considering the consequences ,drives the price up and then refuses to pay which results in no being happy.
    I've had items offered to me after the high bidder refused to pay to which I"ve said if you cancell the high bid then this is what the price should be,the seller usually refuses and so if I want the item I have to pay a higher bid because of this other person who wasn't serious or felt obligated to pay.When I win an auction and it goes higher than I hope it would , I pay for it because when I bid I was serious and always pay for what I 've won
    To me this person is not a serious bidder,(lets be honest it's pretty hard to get neg fdbk on the first transaction) and she may bid the price up without planning to pay for it unless she gets it at the price that she wants.Sure we all have to start with 0 fdbk but very few people back out of their first transaction,we do our best to honor our agreement,this person really doesn't care and if I bid against her it would be contray to what I feel how one should conduct their ebay and any other tranactions and I would be bidding on an expensive item that she may no intention of paying for,if it was a low priced item then it wouldn't be such a big deal .I'm not saying that I think you've done anything wrong,because I don't think you have
    Thanks
    JW

--------
    AND SHE SENT THIS ONE RIGHT AFTER:

Another reason to cancell a bid is that the bidder didn't follow your instructions that were in the listing for everyone to see.The fact that after you cancelled her bid,she then contacted you and you allowed her to bid isn't grounds to me to now allow her to
    JW

She's really trying my patience. Between ALL the other emails asking this & that, I have neither the time nor the interest in her long winded speeches. Sorry to keep bringing it here, but I've never experienced anyone like this.

DDL
    :flaming::USEROCKY::USEGUN::headbang:

2. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

If it were me, I would cancel this jokers bid. Why have the hassel with her and the negative feeling if this joker wins. OMG!!!

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

It really is none of her business about the other bidder's history.

any dealing between you and the other bidder is private and confidential.

Don't feel bullied by this person.

If lets say the highest bidder didn't follow through, if you do a second chance offer through ebay, it takes out ALL of the bids for the high bidder.

If Suzy Q and Margie Anne are in a bidding war

Suzy's high bid is $200 and Margie ANne's proxy bid is $300 so the auction closes at $200.50 or $201 lets say. THen there is a third bidder that bid $17.50 early on. If Margie doesn't follow through and you offer to the second bidder, all of Margie Annes bids are taken out automatically when you do a second chance offer. So Suzy Q would be the winner at $18.01 or whatever price that just outbids the third bidder.

So if the auction ends and the person doesn't follow through, this person that emailed you is giving you a load of malarky because the price will not just be the second highest bid at auction end...it will be as if the highest bidder never made their bid.

This to me sounds like they really like the shoes and are wanting to influence you.

4. Vixen

Vixen Registered Guest

1950s, I don't even think she's bid yet! That's the best part!!!
    Patent,
    Should I reply to her using yer example? Or just let it go?

5. Patentleathershoes

Adrianne...i don't think she will win. She is not gunning to be high bidder, she just doesn't want to pay so much.

6. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

nope... I understand the -1 bidder. I did not mean to cancel her bid. I was talking about the crazy bidder that is interfering with the auction.

7. Patentleathershoes

At least i don't think she wants to...or she would have bid higher..

8. Patentleathershoes

On the "grounds for me to allow her"...

She explained herself....so you have no obligation to share with other bidders.

I think she is trying to trip you up. If it were me, I probably wouldn't reply with technical facts because if you give her that, she will try to trip you up on it or keep the debate going. they want you rattled so you do what they want

9. Patentleathershoes

Please U2U if you want that info, please don't post their id to the board

10. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

sorry about that...

11. Patentleathershoes

No problemo.... !!!!

I was just telling Vixen to send it to you via U2U (click the button under adrianne's note that says U2U)

12. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

It really bugs me when buyers are like this. It leaves a nasty taste in my mouth about any type of dealings with them.

13. Vixen

Vixen Registered Guest

Yeah, I don't think she's really gunning to win the auction either, she's just trying to do it so she can get it lower. So, is the concensus no reply via email at all? And that's exactly how I feel, like she's just going over and over my emails to find a way to trip me up. I feel I've done nothing wrong. The -1 missed my TSO's, her bid was cancelled, then she fixed the problem, bid again, and all is well.

14. Patentleathershoes

I would either not reply at all or just say really short and sweet and kill her with kindness. But don't respond to her immediately because that is what she wants.

"I am flattered that you are so very interested in my shoes to take the time to voice your concern in the current bidding. I wish you the best of luck, as there are quite a few bids, but it is still anyone's game as there are ___ days or hours to go. however gets these are going to love them!"

have a great day. or "good luck"
    sincerely,

But maybe our email lauriats will have a better idea.

Chris

15. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

Yep... If she sends you another email just delete it. And do not cave in and reply back to her. She seems like a person who likes to cause trouble.

;)

16. Patentleathershoes

Adrianne,

I agree!!!

Its almost like a live auction where the guy in front of you tries to lean a little too far back in his chair to figure out what you are going for/talking about. but on ebay, its the auctioneer, not other bidders who you deal with.

17. Patentleathershoes

and there is always auction interference like in the other thread.

18. Vixen

Vixen Registered Guest

1950s, so yep on the friendly email as patent suggested and then NO more replies or no replies period?

Patent, yup, she's leaning WAY back into my conversation... shoot she's even stepping her tiny little 6.5 heel on my foot!

Thanks again everyone!

19. premierludwig

premierludwig Registered Guest

Gosh, I wouldn't want to sell to someone who was giving me that much hassle about how I run my auctions! What a pain in the a$$! :(

They seem to be being very pushy and intimidating. Either they want the item and they place the highest bid or they don't want the item and they shut up. They really shouldn't be hassling you like that. :-( If you are satisfied with the other person's reasons for negative feedback and their reasons for wanting the item, go with it. They seem a heck of a lot nicer than this other pushy person.

love, moons and starrs,
    Senti.*

20. Vixen

Vixen Registered Guest

Senti,

No kidding! Funny how the -1 has been nothing but kind & polite. I really hope she wins. I sent pushy-pushy an email, basically copying what patent said above, and made it very clear the issue was closed.
    Some people are such jerks!