1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying barkcloth

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by JojosRetroAndVintage, Feb 25, 2011.

1. joules

joules VFG Member

Oh wow! Glad you are a member too.
    Please send me a convo via Etsy, and I'll look back; can't exactly recall.
    And sure thing, about the Retro Clean. I was a little concerned about using it on that skirt, but I did so gingerly, with a light solution, I'm pretty sure that's how I did it. I should find that before picture; it was pretty dull and grubby when I found it.

That skirt of yours was worth the wait! The colors are so happening for now.

All righty; here is the before:
    [​IMG]

2. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I love barkcloth and this discussion is fabulous--love the links Linn shared and the photos of the skirts!

I have two panels of Shaheen-signed barkcloth that I've been meaning to have framed and use as wall hangings--now I'm inspired to find them and actually get around to having it done!

3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

The only barkcloth item I have is this dress which I did not try on and is a little too small in the hips. It also has an almost thigh high slit on the side. I will probably sell it when I get around to it:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I found it at a Show here in Hawaii and although I measured it - I don't think I would ever wear it - or could without some serious Spanx!

4. Gorgeous dress, Linn! Yeah, I've never been able to pull off a sheath. lol

5. bycin

bycin Guest

Thanks for the info, joules. Sorry I'm not a member but c'est la vie!

6. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Beautiful dress, Linn! The print and the colors are gorgeous! Spanx rocks.