1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying Vintage Novelty Landscape/Scenic Sweater

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by G L C, Jan 9, 2021.

1. G L C

G L C Registered Guest

I am trying to identify the label of this sweater. It is so stunning and it's vintage and a mohair / wool composition. I am familiar with some vintage novelty brands but not any that make a sweater like this. Anyone have a clue? I asked the seller who sold it and she said she thought it might've been "Touchan" but not sure as nothing's come up in searches -- I've also tried other alternatives of touchan that might sound the same with different spellings (touchen, touchang, toutchan etc) but nothing comes up =/

[​IMG]

2. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Hi G.L.C,. and welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, your photo is not showing up - and chances are we will need to see more than 1 photo! It helps to see the whole garment as well as the tag.
    This forum thread has tips about how to post a photo.

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm seeing the sweater (it's a little blurry though) but not a photo of the label.

4. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome! It's really cute! My gut says 80s or 90s but a label photo would be helpful.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

6. Retro Ruth

It's an exceptionally fine one. Not sure if it's hand knit, would need to see better close up photos showing front and reverse of fabric, and the seams.

Also the bottom band, has me wondering on date. Normally on the 80s version of this kind of sweater, the bottom band of ribbing draws in the fabric, whereas this is a straight cut. So this makes me think it's later, but not sure if that means 90s or later still.

7. MagsRags

Photos still not showing up for me, but clearly the rest of you can see it. Not sure what the issue is - on my end maybe?
    :puzzled:

Retro Ruth likes this.
  8. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That's a lovely sweater. No help here in dating, but I wonder if the lady was incorrectly referring to a knit method called "torchon". Although that is used for lace, shawls and such and not for tight knit sweater.

9. Retro Ruth

Fwiw I can't see your signature images Maggie!

10. MagsRags

Thanks for reminding me, Ruth. That is relatively recent, like last few days to weeks. I have been meaning to dig into it. The links are still live, but the images they used to be attached to have disappeared out of my signature somehow. Gremlins!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  11. G L C

G L C Registered Guest

thanks for your input ladies! I was trying to figure out what the label was since the seller already sold the sweater to someone else and does not have a picture of the label. I deal in sweaters so when I saw it I really wanted to identify it to see if I could find others by the same company. Though the picture is not completely sharp the front also seems to be partially felted in areas (contributing to a 'blurrier' look). Anyway thanks for your guesses!

12. Joyatri

Joyatri VFG Member

13. G L C

G L C Registered Guest

@Joyatri You are amazing! it absolutely is Tulchan. I was looking on google/etsy/depop/poshmark nothing looked quite like it but then I searched for tulchan on instagram and this came up https://www.instagram.com/p/B29diwVnViQ/

Thank you! Now I can sleep easy at night haha