1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a study on why people get into vintage?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LorrelMae, Oct 11, 2008.

1. LorrelMae

LorrelMae Registered Guest

Thank you all! Such fabulous information!!

Maryalice: I miss Arthur!

I first started going to vintage shops in the 6th grade, one in an old building in downtown Beaverton. I still have the 50's pattern I bought from her.

I went to Avalon, the Big Bang, and Fashion Passion, in Portland, late 80's, early 90's.

I'm pretty certain I still have everything I bought from Avalon. (I will NEVER get rid of my 1890's boots! Completely wearable still!!)

I don't know exactly what happened to get me into vintage. An early (1975?) memory of mine, is being home alone for a period of time, watching a 1940's movie on TV, and being transfixed by it. I guess it eventually snowballed for me!

(Sidenote: I just walked into the other room, and there is a piece by a local news station on the Buffalo Exchange. Buffalo's sales are up 25%. Sadly they were just referring to recent fashion!)

Thanks again all!

Sandi

2. LorrelMae

Maryalice: Is that a Zappa button on the tippy top of Alton Kelly's hat?

Just curious!!

Thank you, Sandi

3. avamac

avamac Alumni

Sandi! We miss Arthur too! He was an important figure in a lot of lives.

Paul, my partner, who knew Kelly well, said the pins above the REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR brooch rotated frequently, and he THINKS the picture button is Albert Einstein, not Zappa.

4. atticville

atticville Alumni

Mary Alice, How Fab are you?!! The pics are wonderful and fun!, But you always have the best resource knowledge! A True Treasure!!

5. LorrelMae

OH! I see that now!

Thank you again for the photos!

It was Melissa, who told me, early on, that the Hippies dressed in Victorian, and that a skirt in the 40's was usually straight, as opposed to film a-lines.

Thank you!

Sandi