1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Levi's 501 big E Authentication please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurahen, Feb 19, 2011.

1. laurahen

laurahen Registered Guest

Heard from Lynn Downey at Levi\'s

This is the reply that I got from Lynn Downey:

Hi Laura,

Well, these seem to be authentic 501 jeans from the period 1966-1971. I have seen people counterfeit vintage jeans, but they usually do a really bad job of it!

Hope that helps.

Best,

Lynn

2. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

It is weird she wasn't more emphatic with her answer however, it looks like you struck a mini gold mine. Congrats on your find.

3. bandito

bandito Guest

They are 100% real late 60's early 70's Levi's.Good find in a good size.Should get several hundred $ on everyones favourite auction site

4. Shygarden

Shygarden Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! :)

5. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Congratulations on what appears to have been a marvelous find! I assume the reason that Lynn at Levi's wasn't more definite is because there is only so much you can tell from photos--which is part of the reason there were so many different opinions here. Until one can see and handle in person a garment, it's pretty much impossible to guarantee anything.

6. laurahen

laurahen Registered Guest

I should have reported back a long time ago, but I sold them for $800.00 on Ebay. I held onto them for a quite a while before I listed them.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is great!:cheer: