1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal zip stuck completely shut. Tips?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Hattysattic, Sep 5, 2006.

1. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

in fact l use WD40 for many things...one whcih l was reminded of this morninga smy curtains were sluggish on opeening....spray a small amount on a kitchen roll and wipe the curtain rail a few times...then the tracks run smoothly again!

in fact anything that is rusted over, crusted brown and orange comes up a treat with it...l just rescued a clothes rail fromt he barn, that my husband wanted to throw out, and l washed it down then sprayed it outside and left it a few days, and really wiped it all off..and its all clean again.brown but useable again.

2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Finally on the mannequin with fully usable zip. Thanks everyone for the advice! ;)

[​IMG]

3. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

Gorgeous!!! I wonder if it's one of the Stiebel ones?

Liz

4. Certainly worth the effort, Harriet. Beautiful!

5. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Good Gracious!! Certainly worth the effort!!

6. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Liz, I shall be asking about it later today! No labels, but entirely lined in Jacqmar print fabric. It would be post 1946 (I thought late 40s?) so would be the right era.