1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Vintage Dream come true ( well almost)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pauline, Nov 7, 2009.

1. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Ever since I started collecting vintage fashions, five or six years ago, I had a desire one day to wear a complete vintage outfit, sizing and money issues and time meant that it's been a long journey
    any how this dream has almost come true, with the exception of my shoes, nylons and girdle every thing else I am wearing here is between 45 and 60 years old.
    hopefully the none vintage items will be replace with vintage items one day.
    I thought I share my work and joy with you.

[​IMG]

2. Wow, looks like you found some great items! Congrats!:cheer:

3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I love the dress, and the shoes look great, even if they're not vintage - it looks like they have a thin platform? Large vintage shoes can be so hard to find!

4. LorrelMae

LorrelMae Registered Guest

You look fabulous! :wub: the coat!!

Sandi

5. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thabk you all very much, I pleased I got this far with these, yes the shoes do have a small platform.

6. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

7. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

8. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you Linda
    Yes they are fully fashoned seamed 100% nylon stockings with a silver contrast seam.

9. Fabulous. The shoes have a wonderful vintage feel perfect for the rest of the outfit. A job well done!

10. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

it's funny how shoes come around again quicker than clothes do

11. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

Nice outfit!

12. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Isn't it nice to have that "sense of accomplishment feeling". Congrats on getting it all together, Paul.

13. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Makes every thing worth while, when you can step back and think I done the best I can,
    maybe in a few months I think of a way of improving it, is that not life and what make it interesting.
    In any thing we do even like decorating.
    <hr>

14. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

The one piece of advice I would give you (hope you don't mind, it's the mom in me;)) is the same thing I have to remind my teenage model when we take pictures - lift your head up and throw those shoulders back! It's amazing what a difference it makes in showing off your beautiful clothes to best advantage. I've done a bit of modeling (long ago) and here's what I remember - you should feel like you're pushing your head toward the celing with the shoulders rolled back a bit. This naturally elongates the neck and thrusts the chest forward a little which emphasizes the curves you want emphasized!
    Your leg positioning is good, BTW.
    :bouncy:

15. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thanks Maggie, no I do not mind at all any hepful advice like yours,
    I try and follow it next time.

16. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

I clicked on the link to your fashion collection - it's very impressive! I like your avatar too!

17. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

thank you Ookoo, the logic behind it if you can call it that is to buy things which just catch my eye.

18. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Looking good!!!

Lei

19. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member