1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help From You 80s People On What to Call This Leotard Skirt Pants Thingy!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by vintageclothes-line, Aug 5, 2004.

1. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

:D:D:P;)
    LOL, Actually, the way I got into vintage DID have to do with my hippie days. I lived in a little town (50,000 people) in East Texas. They didn't have ANY places to buy hip clothes in 1968. So, I began to haunt GW. While there, I got sidetracked by all the lovely 30's clothes etc. I accumulated quite a big stockpile of clothes between my Jr. year and high school and my Senior year in college. So, to help pay for college, I sold my vintage finds to a Vintage Store in Dallas (can't think of the name..it's long gone). Oh, how I wish I had those clothes now!!!!!
    Yes, I did wake up one day and rub my eyes and see that the 70's were over and the 80's had passed. I was in a clothing time warp. Plus, I had been hired as a teacher in the mid 80's and had to buy all those boring teacher clothes. It was traumatic!!!!
    I shelved my love of vintage for the "teaching years"..no time to hunt. When I married Ray in 1999, I was suddenly free to indulge my passion to an excess!
    Rip Van Winkle Joey

2. RVW Joey, 50,000 is not a little town, it is a CITY!! Think 5500 but close to the big cities. That's us.

Thanks for everyone's help. This will be on auction starting tonight.