1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Audrey Straub

Audrey Straub Registered Guest

8905D05B-B522-4769-BFE0-8DB5DA328C48.jpeg 2106D26B-6670-45B4-B802-23F4A8EC64FE.jpeg 56E03BA8-6EB9-4DD4-BDC7-B1C698BEEB8C.jpeg A1FA3276-ACC9-498D-A9E3-65E308D58E91.jpeg My name is Audrey and Inlove vintage sleepwear . Just trying to date some things and learn what I can. Currently trying to date a Lorraine set any comments welcome

Attached Files:

2. Elchaney216

Elchaney216 Registered Guest

Hi! I'm Elizabeth and I love selling vintage clothing! I look forward to engaging with everyone

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Ratcatcher2

Ratcatcher2 Registered Guest

Hey, I'm Tape! I am a lover of fashion and collect clothing that makes me feel good about myself. I mostly pick up things that are charmingly ugly though I also look for bright colours, interesting silhouettes, European designs and Edwardian/Inspired clothing. I love vintage clothing and buy the vast majority of my clothes used or vintage for the fit, fashion, and sustainability. When I'm not being lazy I like to sew. Lately, I've been too busy with work and reading. I've been using this site to help date my vintage finds for a while now so I thought it was about time I joined!

5. Midge

6. Amy Winstead

Amy Winstead Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Amy. I've sewn all my life and recently started repairing vintage machines. I've always thrifted fabrics, but I have recently acquired the contents of a few sewing rooms from women who are now with me in spirit. 800+ patterns, vintage fabrics, piles of notions, enough batting to make quilt to cover the world... I'm honored to be overwhelmed with these items. I have always enjoyed and appreciated the art of sewing, but now that I have these treasures to care for and use I am diving into the vintage rabbit hole because a lot of this is vintage. I need to learn and figure out the next steps. Is this my business when I retire in a few years? Do I just dive in and use the biggest piece and make a red and blue striped stretch poly leisure suit? lol. Idk, but I'm excited to find out where this all goes and thankful for the resources you all provide :)

7. Midge

Hello and welcome to the forums, @Amy Winstead ! Your acquisitions sound amazing. I have an online vintage pattern shop and some for myself every now and then - using vintage patterns and my grandma's sewing machine - so I can relate a little :). I always find it so interesting when I find pattern lot that comes all from the person and seeing their little idionsynchrasies or seeing their story in the patterns, especially if they span a few decades.

8. Cinderella Shine

Cinderella Shine Registered Guest

Aloha Everyone! I am a rag magnet. Its one of my super powers. I traded my first vintage piece at 12 years old, 43 years ago. I had an opportunity, while working in Boston, to identify and gratefully, have rescued, authentic Erte costumes from a damp basement. I once had a brick and mortar shop called Cinderella's Reckless Daughter where I traded in Balenciga, CHANEL, Norman Norell, Pucci and other extraordinary pieces dating back to the turn of the century. I spent many years as a costume design for regional theaters and have had the enormous pleasure of digging through old Hollywood rental houses, as well as working with the most gifted tailors, milliners and fashion creators in the nation. I lived for 14 years in Hawaii and have become a lover of Hawaiiana in all its forms. I now have a small Poshmark closet under Cinderella Shine. I retail and wholesale. There is so much to love and admire about vintage clothing! For me it's a deeply satisfying, tactile lyceum. So happy to be among you all! Thank you!

9. Midge