New to the Public Forums? Please introduce yourself: 2024!

Hello everyone my name is Ellen and I'm happy to be here. I've recently come into some vintage items and very interested into learning more about them.
Welcome Ellen, we are very happy you joined us! I can't wait to see your vintage and hopefully give you a hand learning about them!

Good morning, all! I am a life-long fan (and collector) of vintage fashion and have a (very old, as am I) diploma in Fashion Merchandising that remains underutilized . It did, however, give me a pretty solid background in identifying textiles, construction techniques and appreciating the history/dating apparel. I am in the process of doing a deep dive into my stash and hope to get some ideas to identify a "mystery" partial lingerie label inside a nylon nightgown. I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing where I'm able.

Attachments

• 20241002_120435.jpg
    20241002_120435.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 15
  • 20241002_120400.jpg
    20241002_120400.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 15
Good morning, all! I am a life-long fan (and collector) of vintage fashion and have a (very old, as am I) diploma in Fashion Merchandising that remains underutilized . It did, however, give me a pretty solid background in identifying textiles, construction techniques and appreciating the history/dating apparel. I am in the process of doing a deep dive into my stash and hope to get some ideas to identify a "mystery" partial lingerie label inside a nylon nightgown. I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing where I'm able.
Hi there, it's great to meet a like minded vintage enthusiast! You will have better luck posting in our public Q&A forum.
But if I were to guess I would say "Luxite" by "Holeproof" ;-) I have had a few of these pieces and the label is very familiar to me. I hope that helps!

Hi, I love thriving and vintage. And when the two collide I like learning about vintage pieces I find. Honestly I just love vintage in general so it’s awesome having a place to enjoy it.
Welcome Alyshia, it sounds like you're in the right place!

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild's public forums, where ideas are exchanged daily by both VFG members and guests.

Have some lovely vintage finds you're bursting to share with like-minded vintage lovers?
Or have questions about a vintage fashion item that you need some guidance with?

You've come to the right place!

We do have a few easy to understand Forum Rules that we ask that you read through before you get started.

Again, we welcome you, and hope you will find our resources helpful as well as fun!

I have a specific question about a garment; how do I get help with it?

There is an enormous amount of interesting information gathered here at the Vintage Fashion Guild, so we suggest that you first simply go to the Vintage Fashion Guild homepage and check out the many resources linked there.

If you are unable to find an answer there please feel free to post a question with photos so we can help you more readily. (See How to Post a New Thread and How to Post a Photo.)
Please post your question in the Q&A located here.

How can I express my thanks?

If we have been able to help you, please see Ways to Say Thank You.

How do I apply for Membership?

This is our Code of Practice; if you find you're already following these guidelines, you may be eligible for membership with us. Also see Why Join?
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and i’m so happy to have stumbled upon the VFG forums, what a pleasure to meet all y’all! I was doing some research on a recent thrift find, came across this site and what a treat this is!! Like finding a 1960 Chanel Pink Boucle 2 piece suit, in a thrift store.
My name is Caroline and I’m a wife, mother of 2 girls and stepmother of 2 girls! We are a military family- so we travel often and there are always new things to explore. I am an old soul, if you will, and a lover of most all things vintage and books, fashion-fabrics, clothing, antiquities etc. I enjoy learning about different fabrics, their care and preservation as well as of recently, finding out my passion is also shared by so many.

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild's public forums, where ideas are exchanged daily by both VFG members and guests.

Have some lovely vintage finds you're bursting to share with like-minded vintage lovers?
Or have questions about a vintage fashion item that you need some guidance with?

You've come to the right place!

We do have a few easy to understand Forum Rules that we ask that you read through before you get started.

Again, we welcome you, and hope you will find our resources helpful as well as fun!

I have a specific question about a garment; how do I get help with it?

There is an enormous amount of interesting information gathered here at the Vintage Fashion Guild, so we suggest that you first simply go to the Vintage Fashion Guild homepage and check out the many resources linked there.

If you are unable to find an answer there please feel free to post a question with photos so we can help you more readily. (See How to Post a New Thread and How to Post a Photo.)
Please post your question in the Q&A located here.

How can I express my thanks?

If we have been able to help you, please see Ways to Say Thank You.

How do I apply for Membership?

This is our Code of Practice; if you find you're already following these guidelines, you may be eligible for membership with us. Also see Why Join?
Hello! So excited to find this group! I had no clue how much I loved vintage fashion until my daughter decided that’s all she wanted for her wedding. Now, I’m a little bit obsessed!

Hoping to learn so much! And looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Thank you!
Jona

Back