1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oldest New Old Stock Levi's Ever Found?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by 39Mopar, Mar 7, 2009.

1. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

:fainting:

that statue and the signage are KILLIN me!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. 39Mopar

39Mopar Guest

Hi Hat,
    That web page is one of a few I use for reference, thank you though. Any others?

Avamac,
    Late 2007 I found them, 100 series, very perfect, I offed them on Ebay, all went overseas.

I had a nice vintage clothing guy call me today, kinda well known,Hellers-Cafe, he picked my brain on the 37's. Cool talking with a person that knowledgable. Also, there's two local news stations that want to do a story on them. I'm still going to wait in Levi's to get back to me first....What do you all think would be the best place to sell them, auction house or Ebay?:help:

3. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

I hate to say ebay might be a good bet, since the majority of collectors are oversees. At least with the ebay machine, you know you're getting worldwide exposure. If you dribble them in one style at a time, minding not to oversaturate and thus split your potential bidding pool, you'll see a return. If you put them all up at once, then hey, I lost on that one, I'll go low ball bid on the next, then the next.....I once saw someone who had found a whole crate of carnival glass hatpin holders. They put them all up at once, one right after the other. Not a one achieved what it should have. Why would it? I'm outbid at my $30 limit on piece A, I'll go put that in on piece B (C, F, M, there were THAT many in one week!) until all the other people who want one are done bidding. Then week 2 rolls by and not a single one to bid on at all. pfftt.

If you go with an auction house, you need to go big, like Southeby's (help me with some names, I'm only a sip into my morning coffee). If possible, find one that can schedule your stuff in with a western ephemera, vintage clothing, or other like auction, and that will promote the living daylights out of it (make sure the Levis folks know!). These sorts of auctions are such a different model than ebay, that the opposite holds true for having saturation. Having a piece like the statue and the posters (unless you just want to send them to me! :rolleyes: ) will really show well in a live auction.

4. 39Mopar

39Mopar Guest

Good thoughts, thanks....A couple more people have emailed me, one guy says a pair of 20's deadstocks were sold about 8 years ago on Ebay and another pair 37's about 5 years ago. Oh well, it's still pretty cool. I've got several pieces out of the second boxes I found listed right now, no doubles. There seems to be good interest so far, only been on a day or so. Some other guy emailed me after hearing about them at the Rose Bowl? Wierd how it gets around....

5. 39Mopar

39Mopar Guest

6. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

Just saw it on the TODAY show!!!! They started talking about vintage jeans, I heard from the other room so went to see....and there were your jeans! They said they're est. around 10 grand. That little exposure may just bump up interest and your end result too! Good luck, I'm dreaming of the day I run across NOS denim like that...

Ang

7. dorotheascloset

PS, love your car.....my Dad used to have an early 40s Ford, wrecked it (oops) and then got his dream car, a '52 Henry J he had restored and rodded. He passed last year and left the Henry J to me. I am finally moving to a house where I'll have a garage and can get the car here to take to shows!

Ang

8. 39Mopar

39Mopar Guest

Ang,
    Your very lucky to have pop's car still, I'd give a left n*! for my dad's, it's quite a treasure. I knew the today show was looking at it, but hoorah!!!!! There's a late night show also thinking about it, how great for my buddy, they are such good people....Thanks..

9. TrickVintage

TrickVintage Registered Guest

i'm speechless
    and oh so jealous :)

10. dorotheascloset

Thanks, on Dad's car...I am thrilled to have it. When he was diagnosed w/ pancreatic cancer he talked alot about selling it so I wouldn't be "burdened", but I insisted it needed to stay in the family...it meant so much to him.

Here's the Henry J

[​IMG]

Ang

11. 39Mopar

39Mopar Guest

Wow Ang,
    He built a sweet ride, Henry's are like other "Off Brand" rods, faces only a mother could love! It really takes a talented person to see through a stock car and make the vision come true. Great triple dueces on top!!!!

So, the Japanese buyer came back in the store today, only a week since the last visit. This time he bought a few pairs of Levi Hopsack pants, I have the big E's put away, anybody know if they are coming in? This guy is very sharp on what vintage is going to come next, but I never can get a straight answer, very cryptic, he travels all over and always seems a step ahead of me in style, wish I knew as much...