Original by Rudolph _____? Dress

I'm not sure about the sketches or paperwork, I'll be sure to ask my grandmother when I get back down home. But I do know she has a small collection of dresses so I'll be sure to snap some photos next time I'm over there and post them.

:party:OMG! I am so happy this happened!

I've steamed the dress and put it up but I will do a clear label pic and post it, this weekend.
I'd be so proud to contribute to the collective.
Im even more excited that M Rudolf contacted the VFG to give us the story behind the gorgeous dresses.
Sigh, now if I could just wiggle into this one.

fuzzylizzie!RUDOLF LABEL! 2 excited

I'm too excited, couldn't wait.
:bouncy:
bK6yDZp5FF9NigirdG2BSyQfCQHfejk0gHMmIgR2FoM
[/url]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From RUDOLF</td></tr></table>[/img]
THE LABEL
STP65093.JPG

the petticoat with vivacious red panel

STP65094.JPG

full dress view in natural light (sorry studio isn't set up)

Hello,
I came across this thread while trying to do research on the Original Rudolf label. I'm currently cataloging the costume collection for the Maine Historical Society. I came across this very gorgeous dress with the Original Rudolf Label but I'm having a very difficult time finding information about the company. We suspect that the dress is from the 30s or 40s but we aren't sure. Does anyone happen to have any more information about Original Rudolf dresses? I see that this thread is quite a few years old now but I figured I would give it a try.

Thank you!

This is really funny actually because we had my grandmother over for dinner tonight and we were talking about Rudolf gowns. The company was started by my great-grandfather Max Cory Rudolf after him and his wife immigrated to this country from Austria-Hungary (when that was still a country). They came through Ellis Island in the 1910's or 1920's, and started Rudolf Gowns. It was an upscale dress company in New York City on 5th Avenue. My grandfather, Charlie Rudolf, took over the business after WWII and ran it until he was forced to sell it when he became ill and my father and uncle were too young to take it over.

How I ran across this post was because I was trying to search for any Rudolf dresses online to show my grandmother. She still has a collection of them and she also remembers a lot of the dresses I ran across online, even wearing some of the same ones.
All of the dresses were handmade which is incredible. My grandmother still has an evening gown that is entirely black sequined which were each individually sowed on by hand.

After my grandfather took over the business he was the first one to bring Hubert de Givenchy to America and he did a line of dresses for Rudolf Gowns.

I hope this post is helpful. I've enjoyed looking around for old Rudolf gowns and am happy other people still get pleasure out of things my grandfather was a part of.
Thank you so much for sharing that info with us. I knew that name sounded familiar and realized I had a scan saved on my computer from one of my vintage magazines of a dress by Rudolf. March Vogue 1959.

rudolf-lace-organdy-dress-march-vogue-1959-schatzberg-photographer.jpg

Back