Original by Rudolph _____? Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion Q & A' started by DeCoDiVa, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MRudolf

MRudolf Registered Guest

I'm not sure about the sketches or paperwork, I'll be sure to ask my grandmother when I get back down home. But I do know she has a small collection of dresses so I'll be sure to snap some photos next time I'm over there and post them.

2. DeCoDiVa

DeCoDiVa Registered Guest

:party:OMG! I am so happy this happened!

I've steamed the dress and put it up but I will do a clear label pic and post it, this weekend.
    I'd be so proud to contribute to the collective.
    Im even more excited that M Rudolf contacted the VFG to give us the story behind the gorgeous dresses.
    Sigh, now if I could just wiggle into this one.

3. DeCoDiVa

fuzzylizzie!RUDOLF LABEL! 2 excited

I'm too excited, couldn't wait.
    :bouncy:
    [​IMG][/url]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From RUDOLF</td></tr></table>[/img]
    THE LABEL
    [​IMG]
    the petticoat with vivacious red panel

[​IMG]
    full dress view in natural light (sorry studio isn't set up)

4. lizzietree

lizzietree Registered Guest

Oh my these dresses are all so beautiful what fantastic brand Rudoff was!

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Trade Member

I added this to the Label Resource. Many thanks to MRudolf and the DeCoDiVa for getting the Rudolf ball rolling!

6. DeCoDiVa

I'm on the edge of my seat so honored to be "resourced" at the VFG.

7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

8. Historicclothingresearch

Historicclothingresearch Registered Guest

Hello,
    I came across this thread while trying to do research on the Original Rudolf label. I'm currently cataloging the costume collection for the Maine Historical Society. I came across this very gorgeous dress with the Original Rudolf Label but I'm having a very difficult time finding information about the company. We suspect that the dress is from the 30s or 40s but we aren't sure. Does anyone happen to have any more information about Original Rudolf dresses? I see that this thread is quite a few years old now but I figured I would give it a try.

Thank you!

9. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage Trade Member

Thank you so much for sharing that info with us. I knew that name sounded familiar and realized I had a scan saved on my computer from one of my vintage magazines of a dress by Rudolf. March Vogue 1959.

rudolf-lace-organdy-dress-march-vogue-1959-schatzberg-photographer.jpg