Other Vintage Collections

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Midge

Midge Trade Member

2. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

Got a quasi-rare attachment. The potato peeler!!! Quite possibly the best thing ever engineered.

IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3589.JPG

I wonder if these would be good as fried potato skins??

IMG_3590.JPG

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

4. lindapoirier

Yes, some attachments are harder to find than others. I believe there are about 14, in total.

IMG_3593.JPG

IMG_3595.JPG

The peeler was expensive but I got this later parts kit for $22.50! I thought that was something I'd never find.

IMG_3598.JPG

IMG_3599.JPG

It astounds me how well these attachments work.

IMG_3591.JPG

5. lindapoirier

A funny thing happened while I was out and about today, I found an old 40s/50s cabinet for $20. It had modifications and a black paint job but it is from that time period and homemade. I have to clean it up and try to paint some areas but I wanted to see how it would display my collection.

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

Sunbeam did make a cabinet for your mixmaster and it's attachments, but I doubt that I will ever find one.

IMG_3605.JPG

All 1930s attachments came in boxes with the bright pink labels! I only have two boxes.

IMG_3606.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG

I decided to add the swirl jadeite mixing bowls, three from yards sales. Two flea market. The smallest and rarest was $2 at a yard sale!!!

IMG_3612.JPG

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  6. Midge

Midge Trade Member

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

I had no idea about those attachments - and yes, that potato peeler is wonderful. Thanks for sharing everything Linda.

9. dejohnpenc

dejohnpenc Registered Guest

I always love collections.

10. lindapoirier

I bought glass jadite knobs on Ebay for the cabinet.
    Edit. Oh, I found a clear glass large fire king bowl at Value Village for the pink mixer!

IMG_3636.JPG

11. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

12. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

13. lindapoirier

There is something so beautiful about patina of wood and wire. So gorgeous. Then the whimsy of bunny ears!!! Fantastic.

Not vintage but here are my clothespins. I don't remember where I found that blue bird pin but I picked it up immediately. "Like a bird on a wire", came to mind. Also, it reminded me of blue bird records.

IMG_3850.JPG

IMG_3853.JPG

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019