1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help authenticate vintage Chanel suit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by onceoza, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I would just sell it on as is. Partly because its also not your typically desirable Chanel suit. Collectors want the classic tweedy look. It would be a tough suit to price even if it were in pristine condition.

2. joules

joules VFG Member

Jonathan's idea is best.
    Just disclose fully, and take plenty of pictures.

3. onceoza

onceoza Registered Guest

Okay, I will. Thanks for the advice. Joules....I never could have thrown it away. Just frustration speaking.

4. joules

joules VFG Member

Of course, you're very welcome. I know this feeling, and frustrating, it is.
    Best of luck with the suit!

5. Candace Lane

Candace Lane Registered Guest

Hello, I have a beautiful vintage suit that I suspect is a Chanel couture. Unfortunately, the buttons and tag have been removed, so I am on a mission... how to investigate this suit. More to come - photos, zippers, hand sewing, etc.

I would appreciate anyone's input on this fashion investigation :) Be back soon

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Candace -

I see that you've just registered with us. Welcome. I think your suit will get more attention if you start a "new" thread about it rather than attaching it to this one. When you have your photos, etc. Please go to the PubliC Vintage Q & A Forum and click on "PostNew Thread" which you will find on the bottom right!

Thanks.

7. Candace Lane

Candace Lane Registered Guest

thanks - love this website !! It's just what I've been looking for :)