1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2022 CLOSED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by denisebrain, Dec 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

From a 1920s Silk Velvet evening gown. Hattie Carnegie Gowns - Millinery. We do not have this one.

ADDED TO THE LR 4-28-22, THANKS BARBARA!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2022
  2. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

1910s Munson Acorn Brand lawn cotton blouse

Men's 40s - mid 50s, going by style of collar, early Rockabilly look, and extremely sparse similar examples. "Casuals" by Stetson - very cool find with Waldes zipper up the front and on the pocket. I found it very difficult to find similar examples of older Stetson clothing!
    View attachment 154226 View attachment 154227

Downloaded for the LR 7/11/22
    Thank you!

MagsRags likes this.
  3. Maddy95

Maddy95 Registered Guest

Tori Top Honolulu label found in a perfectly square (22” x 22”) top which pulls over the head made with a Japanese influenced fabric. It is one of two purchased by my aunt in 1959 when she visited to celebrate Hawaii entering the Union. The top was made in Japan. There are also care instructions but the fabric is not provided. It is not silk from the feel.

The label is interesting as the Ts resemble the design of the top. Linn directed me to the Tori Richard information https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/richard-tori/

@Maddy95 - please check your VFG inbox. I sent you a PM.

Attached Files:

4. eel

eel Registered Guest

From a 1970s dress.

ADDED TO THE LR 6-6-22, THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2022
    MagsRags likes this.
  5. Bekka

Bekka Registered Guest

It's so great that there is a place to submit these and add to the understanding of the history.

This is a 1953 ladies sport jacket made by Gateway Modes "made in California", which was a brand that seemed to cater towards college aged women. I found the exact ad (enclosed below) for the jacket in Capwell's department store.

"Tailored to a fare-thee-well to be a knockout, styled in Julliard's marvelous all-wool flannel, buttoned with big mother-of-pearl buttons...the casual jacket of the season. Note the double-breasted styling, the hand-picked edges. Fully lined, of course. Better than anything with a pleated skirt...just as good with flared or slim skirts. Perfect with slacks. Sizes 10 to 18. $25.00."

I also enclosed the union label because that was a major confusion for me due to the vague range of dates it could have been made during.

modesgatewayjacet.png jacket.png jacke3.JPG modesgateway.png

I did some more diving into who created this brand. Based off of this article, Oxnard graduates Johnnie and George Murr of San Francisco were selling their ready-to-wear "popular" priced separates and suits for women at the Oxnard department store during the 1940s and 1950s.
    I enclosed a photo of the jacket and me wearing it too.

I'd like to be created with my username and instagram @big.hat.love

Thank you!

6. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Tidying up some of my Sold photo files, and found a few that never got submitted.
    60s cashmere pullover sweater, Dalton/Joseph Magnin
    Added to the LR 7/11/22

I think I dated this to the 1970s - a hooded rain cape by Aqua Sheen. It's a company that was around for quite awhile - maybe still is, but the newer tags seem to have a seal between Aqua and Sheen.

Thank you!

7. eel

eel Registered Guest

I don't believe you have this Waltah Clark's label- it's slightly different than the 60's one you have
    It has the "all ovah"
    So I'm guessing this dress is late 50's early 60's
    Added to the LR 7/15/22
    Thank you!

MagsRags likes this.
  8. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Thanks, Eel! This is indeed the time-frame when they were greatly expanding in the mainland. I love the "all ovah"!

eel and denisebrain like this.
  9. Rue_de_la_Paix

Here is one we do not have in the resource. 1930s Paulette, Paris, from a hat.

Added to the LR 7/17/22
    Thank you!

10. bitterbags

bitterbags Registered Guest

late 1970's Lanvin
    Night Gown & Robe Set Lingerie

Credit Excess_Bagagge
    Thanks!

Added to the LR 7/26/22
    Thank you!

11. Luca_Balzarini

Luca_Balzarini Registered Guest

Kenzo label missing in VFG label resource guideline.

1) Date of garment: mid 70's
    2) Type of garment: Knitted tank dress
    3) Garment photo + label photo (see pictures attached)
    4) Label research: (see picture attached), from Vogue Paris august 1973, photo by Alex Chatelain
    5) Credits for contribution: Courtesy of SousVintageShop

Added to the LR 8/02/22
    Thank you!

denisebrain likes this.
  12. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Since we do not have this yet, I think it would be good to have this as well...

H&M - from a synthetic off-the-shoulder sweater, purchased somewhere between 2002 and 2005. The Impuls line was not in use anymore when these more modern H&M labels came into use.

H&M - Impuls was one of their lines that was around from the mid to late 90s.
    From a waistcoat bough in the late 90s. Unfortunately I have only the label image that I kept, but I had this waistcoat for over 20 years in my closet... it had dark gray wool pinstripe front and synthetic satin back, cut like a classic men's waistcoat.

H&M

H&M stands for Hennes & Mauritz and is a worldwide operating fashion company based in Stockholm, Sweden. They are known for inexpensive, fashion-conscious clothes which are mostly produced in low-wage countries and turned over quickly, with regularly changing collections. It's founder, Erling Persson, returned from a trip to the United States after World War II, where he had been impressed by large stores, and had the idea of opening his own fashion store. In 1947, the first "Hennes" store for ladies wear opened in Västeras, Sweden. Hennes means "hers" or "for her" in Swedish. In 1968, Hennes took over Mauritz Windforss, which dealt in hunting gear, thus adding mens and childrens wear to their range and changing the name to Hennes & Mauritz. In the 1970s, this was changed to H&M. Expansion to other European countries started with Norway in 1964, the UK in 1976 and Germany in 1980. The 1980s and 90s saw further expansion within Europe and the first H&M store in the United States opened in 2000. In 2004, the first designer collaboration, with Karl Lagerfeld, was produced.
    Other fashion brands, which operate separate stores but are owned by H&M are COS, Monki, Cheap Monday, Weekday, & other stories.

Added to the LR 8/04/22
    Thank you, Karin!

denisebrain and Retro Ruth like this.
  13. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Some versions of Gap labels not in the resource, sorry I do not have garment photos. All can be credited to @ theopshoproc.

1970's Gap Fashion Pioneer denim label.

1980's Gap blue label from a womens pullover sweatshirt

1990's Gap GP Tech label - these are usually made in Korea or Taiwan and are fleece or windbreakers.

ADDED TO THE LR 8-4-22.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2022
  14. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I have a date correction for a label as well. Album by Kenzo, started in 1984. It's currently attributed to the 70's in the resource. Source: https://www.nytimes.com/1984/08/14/style/kenzo-to-do-inexpensive-line.html

This is great info. Edited in the LR - thank you, Justine!

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  15. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I think it was a denim skirt if I remember correctly. THANK YOU for all your work. :)
    CORRECTED, THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2022
  16. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

A couple of variations of Gunne Sax labels that aren't in the resource.

Gunnies - circa 1980's, dress
    Gunne Sax Jeunes Filles - Children's line! Childs peasant skirt.

ADDED TO THE LR 8-11-22, THANKS JUSTINE!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2022
  17. Rue_de_la_Paix

Paquin label (woven belting) from a circa 1904-1909 evening gown.

Added to the LR 8/15/22
    Thank you, Barbara!

theopshoproc likes this.
  18. Mr.Tory

Mr.Tory VFG Member

Rue_de_la_Paix likes this.
  19. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

An addition to the DVF page - from a mid/late 90's cardigan sweater

1995 LA Time Article source - Diane launched Color Authority, a sportswear line for Avon.

Added to the LR 9/08/22
    Thanks, Justine!

20. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I've sold an absurd amount of Liz Claiborne. Her 80's and early 90's stuff is a top seller in the shop. The labels on this page from ikonicvintage can be revised to @ theopshoproc. That's (another) one of my old vintage selling names. lol

The two gray/silver colorway logos without the triangle on there I always associate with late 90's Liz. My understanding is the triangle was abandoned in 1996 (source I could find). That said, I've seen lots of 80's styles with those labels and I just always figured since Liz was for a more "mature" woman they kept things like shoulder pads and more 80's associated styles a little longer. Pure speculation on my part though!

998956692100482987cc0bbf7ba2602c.jpg

This one is from a late 80's denim shirt.

Added to the LR 9/08/22
    Thanks, Justine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.