1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2022 CLOSED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by denisebrain, Dec 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melina

Melina Registered Guest

Late 60’s possibly 1970’s Dress
    JESS San Francisco

do not know much about this designer unfortunately but the dress is beautiful as well as beautifully made

no need to credit just happy to contribute ❤️

Downloaded for the LR 12/08/22
    Thank you, Melina!

denisebrain likes this.
  2. SarahETD

SarahETD Registered Guest

Mid- 1980’s, Christian Dior “The Suit”. Houndstooth wool fabric blazer/jacket. Made in the USA.

My mom worked for Burberry in the 80s and said she recognized the label as one of the licensed Dior lines that were popular then (Burberry was another designer that licensed out their brand to multiple manufacturers). In her words, “those hand-stuffed shoulder pads attached under the lining are a dead giveaway,” haha! Likely a RTW department store piece that would have originally come with a skirt to complete the suit. Still one of my most exciting Goodwill finds to date (11$!).

Added the the LR 12/05/22
    Thank you, Sarah!

denisebrain and Retro Ruth like this.
  3. Julia Karlson-Waid

Julia Karlson-Waid Registered Guest

Hello,
    Here are some labels I don't see in the archive, all "Courtesy of Julia Karlson-Waid" if you'd like to use them:

Hi Julia, I just sent you a PM.

Attached Files:

4. Julia Karlson-Waid

Julia Karlson-Waid Registered Guest

Hi,
    Here are some more labels you my like to include ("Courtesy of Julia Karlson-Waid"):

Attached Files:

5. Chris Sommerfield

Chris Sommerfield Registered Guest

This is a late 70s early 80s Brooks Brothers Button Down Yellow Oxford. The tag is similar to 60s with the brand name, but has washing instructions per the legislation passed in the 70s to clearly mark clothing washing instructions. It is also different from 90s as the 90s tags have more directions on washing.

Attached Files:

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

from a 2 piece bathing suit...I believe it is later 1950s - Gottex started in 1956.

Added to the LR 11/12/22
    Thanks, Mary Jane!

7. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

1930s nubuck leather jacket. Only one other jacket like this found online with same label. Credit: Sandra Mendoza/Debutante Clothing

ADDED TO THE LR 11-14-2022, THANKS SANDRA!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2022
  8. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

Adding from Sandra's Montgomery Ward post - here's another 30s Montgomery Ward, from a larger youth-sized jacket (fit a small woman, but the arms were a bit short).

Added to the LR 11/20/22
    Thanks, Sadie!

9. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

From a 40s very-sought after printed ArtVogue Men's shirt:
    RETRIEVED FOR THE LR 11-20-22, THANKS SADIE!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2022
    Midge likes this.
  10. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

Well, I started down one rabbit hole, when I realized VFG doesn't have the black label for Rudi Gernreich. Including that here, from what I can tell from the few other listings I've seen with this label, seems to be late 60s. My piece is timeless - like it wouldn't surprise me if it were 50s, or 90s. But, the lining is silk, beautifully tailored woven large scale wool herringbone. The jacket is beautiful, but classically tame - not an off-the-wall Gernreich design. The rabbit hole I went down is the other label - the shop label "Gene Shacove Beverly Hills" - - - Gene Shacove is who the Warren Beatty character of "Shampoo" was based on, a celebrity hair stylist and man about town in the swinging 60s-70s (probably until he passed in 2001). I could not find anything about him having a shop for clothing - his hair salon was famous. So, further research is needed. But wanted to connect these two labels (I found one other example of a Gernreich labeled for sale at Gene Shacove, but it looks like the 70s white label).

Rudi label added to the LR 11/26/22
    Gene label retrieved for the LR 11/26/22
    Thanks, Sadie!

11. Melody Note Vintage

Melody Note Vintage VFG Member

Denise Brain said I should post this here -- I purchased a little cropped jacket I wanted to post here incase the tag was needed for the label resource. I didn't see it listed, but I will post what little I have found. Here store closed in 1942 and it seems like most items are from the 1930s

https://www.vogue.com/article/ameri...the-met-in-in-america-an-anthology-of-fashion

Here is an article with Jean Berry wearing a dress from 1931

https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/158298

Here is a Met Museum dress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessie_Franklin_Turner

here is the wiki on her.

Very cool, Meghan! Thank you for this label and the links.
    Added to the LR 11/30/22

12. Rachel.WNPC

Rachel.WNPC VFG Member

1950s Anne Fogarty by Gracette label from a peignoir I recently purchased.

Added to the LR 12/04/22
    Thank you, Rachel!

13. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

From a late 1940s' men's raincoat/all-weather coat. Courtesy My Vintage Cocktail

ADDED TO THE LR 12-15-22, THANKS ANNE!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2022
  14. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Tidying up my photo files of sold items, and it doesn't look like we have this Cardin label.
    The zipfront sweater - I sold it as 70s

ADDED TO THE LR 12-15-22, THANKS MAGGIE!

15. MagsRags

Carol Brent, late 50s to early 60s dress

16. MagsRags

Gil Aimbez for Static, a jersey capelet-style top

17. Elizabeth Upshur

Elizabeth Upshur Registered Guest

Mid-1950s Ferragamo shoe label
    Added to the LR 12/25/22
    Thank you, Elizabeth!

18. MagsRags

I thought I had shared this one awhile back, but I don't see it in the LR, so here goes, an 80s cocoon coat, made in the USA with fabric that was hand blocked in India. I wrote a short bio for him, based on the info I found a few years back: "Ignacio Peri turned a graduate degree in geography into a career as a fashion designer and owner of Impromptu, a high style boutique and art gallery in Oakland California. He died in 1995 at age 55."

Added to the LR 1/01/23
    Thanks, Maggie!

19. MagsRags

This Moschino Jeans label in not in the LR
    I dated the safari-style minidress to the 90s, but it was a hard one to date.

ADDED TO THE LR 1-1-23, THANKS MAGGIE!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2023
  20. MagsRags

And a 70s Pomare label not in the LR

ADDED TO THE LR 1-1-23, THANKS MAGGIE!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.