1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

steampunk sunglasses/goggles, dating and description help? - the expert's opinion

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Retro Ruth, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Many thanks trell. I have sold a few vintage spectacles before, but nothing like these. I know a lot more today than I did yesterday about glasses! Some of my other glasses I would have sworn were 50s, by the style, he said were probably 70s.

With these particular ones, I think I'll be marketing them more on the style than the date, steampunk goth goggles kind-of-thing, but I will certainly be upfront about the date in the listing.

Out of interest, what category do you use to list specs, and where would you list these goggles if they were yours? I tend to put them in the relevant vintage clothing section, and in Health & Beauty/Vision Glasses Lenses, but also use Collectibles/Scientific/Optical for the older ones.

2. trellandjesus

trellandjesus Registered Guest

I usually sell them under the vintage sunglasses or eyeglasses category. I would use vintage, 50s or 60s in the title as well as steampunk; it draws them to the goggles or spectacles. If you can afford it, put it in two categories, but usually vintage does just fine for me.

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Thanks trell, I'll do that.