1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Susan Small of London label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by awaywiffairies, Aug 20, 2009.

1. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

well l'm talking about the image in the first post...which other is there..now l'm confused. the first one is stcitched in rather unprofessionally, so thats a clue...but I can go check and come back to you as I have a late 40s -50's model with label to check...I think its on the resource already with the red intials...
    l'm sure this is a70s label

hth

2. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

Hiya, there's another dress I remembered I had and added as discussion went on (see thread)...it's lilac/blue and same label...actually I'll check if that's sewn the same way....

3. awaywiffairies

Ok here it is on the lilac dress:-

[​IMG]

and green one again as easier to compare together

[​IMG]

4. They are identical aren't they. It's interesting to see all these labels. Just to throw a spanner in the works, could the frocks have had the zips replaced with nylon ones?? Now I'm getting really confused. Sorry! I will pick up on this thread when I return from my hols. xx

5. awaywiffairies

ooh have a lovely :beach: Louise wherever you'll be. Relax and have a fab time! :drinking2:

I'm getting confused re the labels as Sarasattic thinks the label on the green dress is one sewn in and not original to the dress, though looking at both labels the sewing stitch is very similar etc...see what Sarasattic comes up with from her old labels....

Sarah

6. awaywiffairies

:help: link says I'm not permitted access :hysterical:

7. Ooops! That's because it's on the trade side. Sorry! Here it is:

I'm off to sunny Spain!

Just wanted to let you know that I won't be around for the next week. We're going to Garrucha which is a beautiful region of Almeria, Spain. We'll be about 2 minutes from the beach :beach:

Garrucha is a small-ish fishing village, not far from Granada and close to where all the old spaghetti western films were made. We've got a day trip planned there, so we'll see the actors showing off their horse riding skills and gun fights too. We're also planning a trip to the Alhambra (see below).

It's only a 2.5 hour flight from here so we'll be there by the time breakfast has been eaten and newspaper read!

Back on Saturday 29th, see you then! :hiya: :drinking2:

[​IMG]

8. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Yeah I'm still going with 50s/60s cuspers :) and as I stated earler.. copuld be replacement zippers.. but plastic does not mean that it late 60s... plastics were put out in the later 1930s!!!! some designers even used them in the 40s... they just aren't as durable and clothes were better made back then.

I have no clue about the label, I have been looking but cant find the same label anywhere but don't stress the zippers so much......I await Circa or Jonothans input lol

9. awaywiffairies

:scratchchin: hmmm, that's very interesting and very similar to Louise's (see earlier thread) except that your label has 'Made in London' and so does my two dresses. Have to find out why and when the 'Made in London' labels were used. Another label to add to the Susan Small label resource Kitty! :bouncy:

10. That looks like the label in my red Susan Small hostess dress - late 60's / early 70's. I've posted my label on the link above to add to the label resource.

11. awaywiffairies

Would they have added 'Made In London' for exports only I wonder? :scratchchin: oh, jus thought, my green dress was sold Uk...hummph, I think that blows my theory

Sarah

ps I was :drooling22: over your holiday description and pic. I'm totally :cry: lol

12. I need the holiday to re-charge the old batteries! Just finished a massive pile or ironing and busy getting cases packed. Now a bite to eat and early to bed for once! See you when I get back! :drinkingtoast:

13. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

I have three...

[​IMG]

black white full length dress evening, early 70's

[​IMG]

blue chiffon maxi dress late 60's

[​IMG]

dress sample/ fashion show model/ black rayon dress/ 1940's probably around 1947, a take on the Dior new look dress ( I still have this somewhere)