1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WELCOME TO THE VFG "FRIENDSGIVING" 2020 ANNUAL FUNDRAISER

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by BonniesVintageClothesLine, Nov 19, 2020.

1. thanks01.jpg

Thanksgiving Day is traditionally an American holiday set aside for giving thanks for all our many blessings. Even though you may not celebrate this special American holiday, we hope that you feel blessed to be a part of the Vintage Fashion Guild community, whether as a guest or member. And if you do, we also hope that you will be willing to make a donation and post the reason you enjoy having the Vintage Fashion Guild in your world. It will be fun to read your comments, and at the same time, we will be very thankful for your donation to the VFG. It doesn’t have to be a huge donation, but if we reach our goal of $300.00 this year, we have a very generous and kind anonymous donor who has graciously agreed to match that amount.

Nothing says it better than this statement, recently written by our board, of why your support of the Vintage Fashion Guild is so very important:

A large group of past and present volunteers is responsible for the creation and growth of the Vintage Fashion Guild. The non-profit organization continues to expand its educational and inspirational vintage fashion content which can be accessed by anyone. Our work is offered at no cost to the public, but it it is costly for the VFG to maintain. Membership dues can only cover part of our expenses—we rely on donations to make up the difference.

If you are thankful for what the Vintage Fashion Guild has to offer to you, please consider supporting our mission with your donation. And, remember, any donation whether large or small, is so very greatly appreciated!

So please join us in this Thanksgiving inspired fundraiser, a FRIENDSGIVING! Let’s get started and let the fun and giving begin!!!

In order to make your donation, please click on the linked image below to be taken to PayPal.

[​IMG]

thanks13.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  2. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

Wonderful, wonderful!

I don't see an image--I only see this: [​IMG]

But if I click on it, it DOES take me to the donation page on Paypal.

We ALREADY have TWO donations, so keep 'em coming, and a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!

And if you donate, please feel free to say so here. It might spur somebody else to do it!! You don't have to say the amount, of course, but if you want to say it, go for it!

peacock emotiI'm pretending that is a Thanksgiving turkey!!

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Done!

Janine, here's my Thanksgiving turkey: crazy chicken

5. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Thank you! Sorry I can't give more but gave what I could.

6. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

7. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Done. I am happy to be able to give back to the VFG. I am thankful for all the friendships I have made here and for all the knowledge we have all shared and gained. Happy Thanksgiving!
    upload_2020-11-20_10-10-57.jpeg

8. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Just donated. The amount is small potatoes compared to the money I've made from the knowledge I've gained from this group.

9. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

A small donation in exchange for the VFG providing me a lifeline to the world I love.
    Marian

10. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Just donated. So happy to be a part of VFG!
    beatingHeart

11. gatco

gatco VFG Member

Done, I have no doubt we will go over our goal.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  12. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

13. I just made my donation!!!

I was just thinking of how much I love to be a part of Vintage Fashion Guild and realized that it's more than one reason that I feel so blessed. The wealth of information that is available to members as well as guests is truly amazing. Members share so freely their knowledge of Vintage Fashion here in the forums. They willingly help guests, as well as fellow colleagues, who come to the forums with questions about things that they are trying to research and most of the time they get great answers to their inquiries.

And, how often have I seen things shared by members and guests that have blown me away because they are so very interesting and often so very unique. Something you've never seen before. VFG is always a destination that will keep you informed about the latest in our favorite subject, Vintage Fashion, of course!

And, finally, I feel very blessed indeed to get to know my fellow VFG members. They are tireless, devoted and inspirational people who generously give their time and energy by volunteering to continue to make Vintage Fashion Guild the first and foremost site for Vintage Fashion.

With that said, I would strongly encourage all of you to donate to this worthy organization that we sometimes, as with many other blessings in our life, take for granted. And, by the way, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!

14. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Donation submitted!

Thank you, Bonnie, for taking this on. We appreciate you so much!

15. It's truly my pleasure, Anne!

16. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Yes, thank you Bonnie! And thanks to all who have donated so far. ❤️

17. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I just donated.

VFG is a remarkable organization, and the resources to be found here are outstanding - that includes the online resources as well as the deep and wide knowledge possessed and shared freely by so many experts. Thank you VFG!

I would also like to encourage any of our Registered Guests who think they might meet the guidelines for VFG Trade Membership, please APPLY! We love to welcome qualified new members, and you become part of a real community. Your family might get tired of hearing about your latest finds. We never will - promise.

18. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I agree completely! Very well stated, Maggie!!!!

19. Thank you, Maggie and Registered Guests can also feel free to donate here to the VFG Friendsgiving if they would like to do so! VFG sure will be appreciative of any and all donations!

20. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to work the donation amount entry. In the process, I found that the minimum donation is $1.00. There is also a monthly recurring donation option - even $1 a month would help support VFG's mission.