1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do we buy vintage clothes???

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by april, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Love and admiration for things that were beautifully made. Workmanship that is amazing. Elegance that does pleasantly make me think of times long ago......how chic the wearers were as opposed to some of the sloppy get-ups that pass today! And, saving from the trash, the little treasures of the past that would be tossed.....preserving and getting people turned on and excited by VINTAGE!

2. Delaney52

Delaney52 Registered Guest

Everything I will say has probably been said already, but I will say it anyway :) I buy vintage clothing because it is beautiful and, to me, more special than anything that could be found in stores today. I wear mainly 1950's vintage dresses, and rarely if ever come across even similar styles in current stores. The stunning silhouettes and all the lovely details make vintage garments visually captivating. The fact that these garments have a history is intriguing, and it is a good feeling to be able to extend the life of a garment a woman so loved that she preserved it for years. The high quality of all vintage garments is unparalleled; they have lasted for so many years for a reason! Another reason I wear vintage, though aesthetics are definitely the main draw, is the fit. Though, of course, not all vintage fits me properly and dresses are not always made with my proportions, the measurements of 1950's dresses tend to fit my measurements much better than modern garments. With modern dresses, what fits in the waist is often too small in the hips and bust, but the vintage dresses I find are cut differently and tend to fit me better in general. Basically, there are many reasons to love and wear vintage :)

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

uh, cuz it's clothing and I can't run around without it! ha ha