1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 Reasons I Love VFG! Add Yours!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by atticville, Apr 2, 2009.

1. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

#55 - I was terrified to post my first few items and the support I received here convinced me to go for it. I was especially nervous to post my first higher end item but the information, support and positive feedback I received here abou the item gave me the confidence in the "provenance" of the item to ask for more and get it!

#56 - The fact that members make friends feel a part of the group. I cannot wait until I meet the criteria for membership

And I think I could make the label resoure #57-100 - it is truly invaluable and I think I refer to it every single day.

2. 57-an amazing cheerleading squad that cheers for your triumphs and encourages through frustrations.

58-an educated community that is there within minutes of posting any question. Seriously, I am in shock how fast the answers come some times.

59-A place where you can encourage and be encouraged by your competitors. This is so rare and always a pleasure.

KK, I have to chime in on your amazing photo. Definitely worthy of a magazine spread.

3. I love how we're all loving the same things :wub:

60 - RESPECT! For the clothes, for our fore-mothers who made them and looked after them, and most of all for each other. That's why the VFG doesn't descend into bitchiness and cliques: the sense that we're all in this together, fighting the good fight.

61 - The yard sales. I'm sorry for those of you who aren't trade members yet, it's amazing and wonderful and worth the price of admission alone - plus, it's bags of fun.

62 - The label resource. Yesterday I was at a picnic and a fellow vintage lover started talking about how great it was. I'm a very proud member of the VFG. The label resource (and the fur and other resources) are incredible free and accessible data bases.

63 - The Networking - I love how when I'm having trouble sourcing things, whether it's business information, books to read or vintage stock, I can always find what I'm looking for here.

Nicole - and KK that photo is fabulous. Please tell me that house is yours, it looks great!

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

64. The drama-free internet forum. It's not just for all the help one gets here - I've seen other internet forums (albeit on other topics) go high with drama every few months - made me feel like personal opinion wasn't wanted. If you didn't like something, you'd better not say so even in the nicest possible way, or the next drama would start. I may be a kid at heart, but I'm too old for that :cool:.

65. It's not just the fashion. In the end, there is so much more to be learned through this forum and also members' blogs. Random things, things that make me laugh, historical details, bits of social history... There's so much to learn!

Karin

5. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

6. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

A place where chicken lovers hang out. He he he......

7. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

66. The amazing level of respect our members show to each other

67. Even our black belt experts don't act like know-it-alls

68. An all consuming love for vintage is seen as perfectly normal here, making it the only place I can comfortably "come out of the closet" with my obsession

69. An appreciation for bad puns :)

Melody

8. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

#70. VFG is like a daily meeting of Hoarders Anonymous except no one expects you to give up your addiction.

9. Oh my! All of the above with bells on. :)

71) The inspiration. I quite often find myself drooling (with mouth wide open - it's not a good look)! when I see all the many amazing and beautiful vintage treasures. It really is a sight to behold. It's a constant source of inspiration.

72) I never feel on my own or isolated when I'm on the forums. It's a wonderful support network and I've met so many fabulous people as a result of being part of the VFG.

10. jessejames

jessejames Registered Guest

I am a Newbie and this is very Helpful for me and I like this also.

11. Velvetsage

Velvetsage Registered Guest

The members understand my appreciation for all good things past. I can mention obscure items, and they recall most of them. I feel like a schoolgirl doing a bit of "show and tell."