1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2019

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by The Vintage Merchant, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please Introduce Yourself Here

If you have just registered why not introduce yourself to the rest of us? Tell us a little about who you are and what you like because we'd all love to get to know you.

Use this thread for posting an introduction to you!!

Also check out the rest of the Public Information Center for frequently asked technical questions to make your stay an easy as well as pleasant one!

Here are a few links to help you get started:

Welcome to the VFG

How to Get Help with Your Vintage Fashions

How to Post a Photo

JaymesonHope likes this.
  2. Anne Adamczyk

Anne Adamczyk Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Anne. I have been interested in fashion and design since I was a teenager. Most recently I was making period costumes for myself and my family when we became history re-enactors specializing in the middle ages. I have taken an interest in Viking era. Prior to that I was interested in fashion from the 40s. I have been looking for a pair of Summerette sandals in the floral pattern. It looks like a lot of people have these on their wish list. I look forward to meeting you and sharing our love of vintage fashion.

3. Itchy&Scratchy

Itchy&Scratchy Registered Guest

Hello! I'm old and circling the drain. I'm vintage. I remember fashion books my mother had. I have a strong interest in design and history. I have learned pattern drafting and have sewn my own designs. I would like to start a thread about limited reproductions of classic designs. It's nostalgic for me to find this site because as a young adult I enjoyed visiting all the local vintage shops. However it seems that reproductions may be frowned upon in this venue. Vintage clothing to me seems to be rather self limiting as there is a definite shelf life for many of these fashions. I think a micro industry supplying limited reproductions would benefit the guild and the guild members. It's public relations and advertising. What say you?

4. Angelique M.

Angelique M. Registered Guest

Hello
    My name is Angelique. I collect hats mostly from the 40s and 50s. I also collect other vintage accessories that interest me.
    I came across the vintage fashion guild while trying to do some research on Brooke Cadwallader after he moved to Mexico.

5. PamelaClaire

PamelaClaire Registered Guest

Hi! I'm very excited to have stumbled across this site!

My name is Pam, living in SD but from NY originally. I love vintage clothing, the adventure of thrifting, and above all, the sustainability aspect of creating longevity in clothing. I work in admissions for a major university and have been able to travel to Washington, Colorado, Texas & Oregon (among others) and ALWAYS try to find time to stop in different vintage and thrift stores while traveling.

I have an affinity for 80's blouses, power-suits, and delicate 1940's and 1950's clothing. Some of my more prized vintage finds include an amazing late 70's black and gold jumpsuit, an 80s gold-lamé blazer, and a 1960's green and yellow mini (wrap) dress. I'd love to eventually transition into becoming a buyer for some vintage stores out in SD or maybe creating my own vintage business one day.

Until then, excited to have found like-minded peeps on the interwebs!

6. Abhinav Singh

Abhinav Singh Registered Guest

Hi, I am new here. My name is Abhinav Singh. I am a dentist from Lucknow, India.

7. The Vintage Merchant

8. Marry Smith

Marry Smith Registered Guest

Hi, I am Marry smith from CA, USA. I am new to this forum one of my friend recommended me this forum. I joint this forum because I am a fashion lover and use to keep my self up to date with all the latest happening of this fashion world.

9. kaZombie

kaZombie Registered Guest

Hey I'm kimm kaZombie. I've always been really into vintage clothing, but in the last couple years I have really started collecting things for my closet.

10. The Vintage Merchant

11. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member

Welcome Marry & kimm!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  12. DedeCouture

DedeCouture Registered Guest

I'm Chiara, I live in Italy and I love vintage clothing. From this passion was born our work that I share with my partner and my dog Achille, a Weimarainer puppy. Our motto is: add a piece of history to your wardrobe!

We will be happy to help and be helped by sharing any kind of information about this fantastic world...

13. juliea

juliea Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Julie and only recently am discovering vintage fashion and all the wonderful styles. My mom is a lover of vintage fashion and has tried over the years to share her interest but I guess it’s only hit me now. :)

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  14. Shelley

Shelley Registered Guest

Hello Forum members! I joined this forum more than a year ago.. and I"m only now doing my intro post.

My name is Shelley and I have been collecting and wearing vintage for nearly 40 years. I remember buying a lovely pink crisp cotton men's shirt as my first "vintage" purchase. I have many beautiful clothes, bags, belts, scarves... and I also have collected vintage table and bed linens.

I am going to look forward to advice from this group because I recently purchased a lot of ANTIQUE clothing and linens from a New Hampshire estate. I know nothing about these items... and I want o make sure they go to new owners that will love them.

Wanted to share one fun thing that I recently purchased... a pattern to make slippers from felt.

IMG_3946.JPG

It is adorable - oh and did I mention I also like to buy (but don't really fully collect) vintage trims and notions.... especially if pompoms, tassles, and other lovely things.

I live in Washington DC. I would love to meet up with some other forum members here if that is of interest. Thank you for reading and for being a place to go to meet like-minded fully co mmitted vintage dressers!

15. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hello Shelly! I adore that slippers pattern.

:hiya:

16. The Vintage Merchant

Welcome to our forums, Chiara, Julie and Shelley!

and i agree, that slipper pattern is terrific!

17. Effel Timpy

Effel Timpy Registered Guest

Hi! I'm a teenager who recently fell down the vintage clothing rabbit hole. I specifically like clothing from the 1930's to the early 1950's. For a school project I'm going to put together an outfit from a certain time period (haven't decided!). I wish it could all be vintage, but I'm a broke teenager, so I'll just try to make everything look as historically accurate as possible. Thanks for being a place where I can bring my questions to!

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  18. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

Ciao Chiara ma mi ero persa il tuo ingresso nel forum! Benvenuta!!!

wyogems likes this.
  19. Steve 66

Steve 66 Registered Guest

Hi I am Looking for some info on this purse Collins Golden Glow. What would be the value be It is in grate condition Thank you

20. JenniferO

JenniferO Registered Guest

I am interested in learning more about vintage fabrics. I am currently transforming antique quilt tops into couch throws, baby blankets, and pillows. I hope to find some help from this interesting forum! JenniferO

beebay pk and wyogems like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.