1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 NEW TO THE BOARD? INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Awww, we love all our friends here. Thank you for saying such sweet things. You know everyone has got to be special who loves vintage.:wub:

2. phedre

phedre Registered Guest

:hiya:

26 year collector of vintage. Hello all, finally got a minute to login into the board.

Nice to meet y'all!

Phedre

3. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

HI and welcome!!! Ang

4. mcgrawandmcqueen

mcgrawandmcqueen Registered Guest

Good evening and welcome!-Lorinda

5. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Hi Phedre,

So glad you dropped by, hope to see you often and hear about your collection!

6. avamac

avamac Alumni

All vintage? Do your have a specialty, a favorite period?

7. phedre

phedre Registered Guest

Boy, you guys/gals are fast! Ok, here's the rundown...

I started collecting vintage at 15, before it was popular. My favorite eras are Victorian, 1930'-1940's. The lastest item in my collection is 1960's. I refuse to call anything past that vintage, because that's the time period I grew up in. :P

My favorite is 1940's jackets - I think I have about 60+ if you include repros.

My vintage collection goes back to the early 1800's; my book collection goes back to the 16th century. I posted a notice about liquidating my vintage collection on the sale board, if you want to respond. (I have about 3000+ books; starting to liquidate those also).

I have about 200 hand fans, about 80 pairs of gloves...you get the idea. I used to have 200 hats; not sure how many I still have.

Some low-end stuff I am giving away, because it's so darn fun to give something to someone who will cherish it. I'm running a game on another board and promised prizes; that contest is now closed, but I am gearing up to give stuff away.

I used to have a very small but very good jewelry collection also until a contractor at our home stole it as well as our computers.

My stuff, while it sounds impressive, is actually mostly made up of every day items that actual people used. I've found interesting stuff all over the world, and unfortunately for my husband, he doesn't understand this is a disease, and getting rid of part of my collection only makes room for more. :horny: Hehehehe.

How about you all?

Phedre

8. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

We are all a mish mosh of artists, business folk, professionals and enthusiasts of all topics vintage! Our age range is broad, we're from all over the world and all just happen to have the same vintage virus that infects the brain, spilling over into darn near every bit of life.
    If there were ever anyone that would understand having 200 hats around when you were only blessed with one head, you would find that person here.
    OK, I only have, like 60, but still....

9. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Yes, I understand your disease because I have it, too!

I have a four room house rented with all vintage clothing, a basement overflowing, an ebay room overflowing, a dining room stacked high until I must clean out for Holidays, not to mention I have not unpacked my car.:D

Get the idea?

Welcome. You will fit right in.

10. Count me in on the vintage-itis~

I don't have nearly the collection you describe, but I just can't walk away from darling goodies~

That's one of the great things about this board~ always room for more pretties, as well as more lovers of vintage :hiya:

11. MissyMay

MissyMay Registered Guest

Hi,

I definitely have vintage-itis, I started off with an interest that led to a small collection that is slowly growing out of control.

I'd have to say that I would be one of those people that could relate to the 200+ hat collection. I have a huge hat collection and I just can't stop. It's crazy but it's also like an addiction, some of them are unpractical and can't be worn but I NEED THEM SO BAD.

Luckily I am able to control my addiction by the fact that most of the items I like, I find in America and I can't always afford the postage. When that happens I'm just happy to enjoy the pictures.

The scary part is that I'm in my very early 20's and I'd hate to think how large my collection will be in a few years time.

12. nicholeboutique

nicholeboutique Registered Guest

Hi eveyone...my name is Amanda. I am 29 years old and I am brand new at this vintage clothing thing! Well at least to the purchasing of it and the possibility of selling it. I have always loved vintage clothing and know a little bit about it. Now, a friend and I are looking at the possibility of selling vintage. Eventually we are hoping to open a boutique but for now we are investigating the possibility of selling online. This forum is amazing! I spent so many hours on here last night just enjoying reading all of your great information. All of the people on here are so knowledgeable. I really appreciate those of you who started this thing!!!

13. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Hi and welcome!

Vicki

14. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Hi Amanda -

Best of luck to you!
    Selling vintage is difficult and challenging (especially as more and more people attempt careers in it, making stock harder to find), but can be very rewarding. If you're in it for the long haul because you have a passion for it (rather than because it seems like easy money, which it's not!!), you should do great!

There's always so much to learn -- glad you found the VFG forums ;)

15. Hi Amanda, welcome and good luck in your new venture into the wonderful world of Vintage Fashion.

16. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Greetings Amanda (Great Name) - This Amanda has 30+ years on you but I still have that passion for vintage. Welcome to the forum.

17. markniklas

markniklas Registered Guest

Hi ! I'm newbie here. Happy to be members of the forum.
    I hope we will have great time here. and I'll try to contribute to forum develop more.
    I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members, hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge. Nice to meet you..

18. wyomingvintage

wyomingvintage VFG Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.