1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2023

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellie_sol

ellie_sol Registered Guest

Hi! I'm Ellie, and I've always loved vintage clothing, and recently I've started building my own collection! Both the label resource and the forums have been so helpful to me, and I look forward to hopefully helping others out too!

2. PescettiGommosi

PescettiGommosi Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Pescetti Gommosi , I'm from Italy and I always looooved flee markets but in the years I accumulated too much vintage and antique stuff (that I love and cherish) but I just can't keep it all, I have no space. So now I'm on a mission to find each item their forever home (but it has to be the right one! Evryone irl told me I'm crazy when I refused to sell a beautiful piece to someone that confessed to wanting to make alterations ( like butcher levels alterations) but I just couldn't bring myself to abandon that beautiful dress to that fate only for monetary gain! I saved it and I feel that is now my resposibility to search for the right home for it. Someone that will love and understand it as much as I did.
    Have a nice day.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Shawna W.

Shawna W. Registered Guest

Hi Vintage Fashion Lovers!

I'm Shawna and a long-time collector/seller of unique vintage finds, especially clothing, shoes and bags!

I joined to tap into the vast knowledge of fashion that member have and to possibly contribute some knowledge as well.

Fashion is my passion and hoping to meet some like-minded people here!

5. Mikkel

Mikkel Registered Guest

Hey, all! I’m Michael, a software engineer from Georgia. Thanks for the welcome! Excited to learn more about vintage fashion from you all ❤️

6. Midge

7. Alyce

Alyce Registered Guest

Hello, I'm Alyce,
    I'm just beginning to learn about vintage clothing. I'm so glad I found this site, it's terrific.

8. GTPUSER91

GTPUSER91 Registered Guest

Hi , I am vintage clothes lover and also thinking to start a business around it.

9. Dozer

Dozer Registered Guest

Hi! I’m mark and am looking for info about vintage Tony Lama boots. I ran across this site and found it interesting do I signed up. Thx

10. Buddka84

Buddka84 Registered Guest

Hello,
    My name is Kelly. I love fashion and vintage. I have been a collector for many years. I am a makeup artist for film and television in the NYC area. And I occasionally do photoshoots with a lot of the vintage clothing and accessories that I collect. I added a photo here as an example. Thank you so much for having me!

Attached Files:

11. Millenium_collector

Millenium_collector Registered Guest

Hi all!
    I have been a low-key collector for about 6 years now, and have aways had a passion for beautiful and feminine items. I recently found a fantastic condition Luxite by Holeproof slip/night gown ( design is ambiguous), and found this site searching for how to best clean it. Thank you all so much for what you've shared, and I'm very excited to continue to connect with you all here!

12. Midge

13. Sonia111

Sonia111 Registered Guest

Hello everyone,

My name is Sonia and I am new to this forum.
    I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
    I have been starting to collect vintage items recently. I needed some help with a recent product I purchased. I bought it from a Vintage store in England. It is a Christian Dior (label is Christian Dior Boutique) black long blazer, with white/cream round buttons. There was an inspection tag on it from a company called REBELLE to confirm its authenticity, however, I wanted to double check with anyone on the forum that might have knowledge or information about this product? I have attached some images.

Thank you
    Sonia

Attached Files:

14. Alyce

Alyce Registered Guest

Hello, I thought I already introduced myself but I'm still receiving notices to do so again.
    Maybe as a senior with some knowledge of how online sites operate, I get confused by the
    repetitive notices.
    Could it be as a new member, I'm tagged, even though I completed the "introduce yourself", or did I not submit enough information about myself?

wyogems likes this.
  15. Gurpal

Gurpal Registered Guest

Hi my name is Gurpal, born and living here in the UK! Its my first time on this website and forum. I am delving into vintage fashion as a new little hobby/ interest and speaking to likeminded people. Thank you!

Shusteroo and wyogems like this.
  16. Midge

17. Jude M

Jude M Registered Guest

Hey there! I'm Jude, and I've been buying vintage fabric and vintage bed sheets for a couple of years now. I'm interested in learning more about vintage fabrics and found this site!
    Thanks so much for the welcome!

18. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

19. Dianna Melrath

Dianna Melrath Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Dianna. I am retired from the public school system after 25 to be a MomMom. I am not really a purchaser of vintage items, even though I am intrigued. Every antique I own are from many family members that as they passed away were left with the last surviving family, my father. He has been gone 3 years and I am the one that got it all. I know that a lot of what I now own have been in my family since before I was born. I am now trying to go through it all and find a place for many non-sentimental pieces. I am hoping to find some answers. I am excited to be here.

20. Hi all - love the vfg, I have been a member for some time but only just got into it in a bigger way due to retirement from the NHS due to health issues ...then ....told i need a knee replacement and have severe tendonitis in my left wrist making typing extremeley painful so I can't do as much listing as I would like to...I'm on ebay at www.ebay.co.uk/usr/
    Good luck everyone with your businesses xx

Shusteroo and wyogems like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.