1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2023

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelli Twiss

Kelli Twiss Registered Guest

Hi everyone! Not sure if I am introducing myself the correct way, but here goes!
    I'm Kelli and I love treasure hunting for unique vintage items. I have a shop on a few of the usual suspects and try to research before I list an item so I am sure to give as accurate and complete description I can. Thanks so much for this forum, I can't believe this is my first time coming across it!

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome Kelli! So glad you found us!

3. poshthreads

poshthreads VFG Board Member

Hello Everyone!
    Diana aka @poshthreads here. I'm a former VFG member from (20!) years ago and am excited to be back. As a vintage fashion enthusiast and seller, my special interest is vintage lingerie. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and getting involved again.

wyogems, plousia, Narai and 4 others like this.
  4. Adam West

Adam West Registered Guest

Hi all, I am a fashion blogger and a lover of vintage fashion. I like everything about vintage clothing from classics like suits to timeless outerwear like leather jackets. I hope that I will be able to bring my expertise to this community and make this place a good thriving community. Cheers.

5. Narai

Narai Registered Guest

Hi! I'm Narai here to level up My vintage business, and becoming a member of the guild is one of my many goals!

Attached Files:

wyogems, Tara Brown and poshthreads like this.
  6. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Welcome, Narai! Love your sense of style, and applaud your goal of becoming a VFG member!!

wyogems likes this.
  7. Narai

Narai Registered Guest

Thnx, Maggie!

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Hi Narai - love the way you twisted that pink belt! Glad you would like to become a member.

Narai likes this.
  9. Narai

Narai Registered Guest

Thank you Amanda looking forward to joining the guild, I know its going to be a long haul, updating listing, I 'very never measured shoes before, also looking to contribute to some labels

10. JoAnne Barlow

JoAnne Barlow Registered Guest

Hello, I am JoAnne, live in southern CA. I have been collecting fashion labels for years and would like to share them here. Help me get started. I do not have history on them. I have been selling on eBay since 1997.

wyogems, Tara Brown and poshthreads like this.
  11. amandainvermont

Greetings JoAnne and Vishri. Welcome. Ask questions and we will do our best to answer. We have members with expertise in many areas, so hopefully you can always find help with vintage fashion and accessories here.

wyogems likes this.
  12. Freejack

Freejack Registered Guest

Friends!!!
    Thanks a lot for the answers to my question. I was looking for a good forum. I found. I registered on several forums, but... everything is very complicated. One forum, I could not register.

Your forum is convenient, comfortable, friendly, and interesting. You are best !!!

I collect WW2, so I can't participate in discussions. I only have 3 civilian hats. Anyway. I liked the atmosphere here. I will come and read, learn new things, it is always useful.

Thank you :)

wyogems, Shusteroo and poshthreads like this.
  13. lasfibers

lasfibers Registered Guest

Hi there. I am happy to have found this site. I dabble with vintage fashion and upcycle garments to sell as well as buying and selling vintage garments. I designed garments using men's shirts and adding vintage lace and embellishments. I even wrote a book with my designs in it. I am mostly glad to be here to get information about vintage garments and such to be able to decide on how old garments might be etc.

wyogems, Midge and plousia like this.
  14. Tara Brown

Tara Brown Registered Guest

Hello all! I'm Tara and I believe I have finally found my people. I want to express my gratitude for the incredible resource that you have created. As an avid vintage thrifter living in New Jersey, I often find myself searching for more information on the rare vintage pieces I come across. And time and time again, I find myself landing on your website, which has been an invaluable source of knowledge. My favorite pastime is ducking in and out of any and all the thrift shops along the Hudson Valley and Bergen County. The information and resources provided on your site have been instrumental in expanding my understanding of designer and vintage pieces. I am thrilled to be here as a guest, and look forward to getting to know more about the community of people who share my interest. The dedication and expertise of the collective is truly remarkable - so interesting and helpful to vintage enthusiasts like myself. I am excited to continue exploring the site/forums and learning from the archives!

wyogems, Shusteroo, Midge and 3 others like this.
  15. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

16. olivia.j7197

olivia.j7197 Registered Guest

Hi! My name is Olivia. I am a long-time clothing reseller and I have recently gotten into estate sales and would like to learn more about vintage pieces.

wyogems likes this.
  17. amandainvermont

Hi Olivia - You came to the right place! Many knowledgeable members here with all kinds of expertise from couture to denim to lingerie.

18. Mary Wells

Mary Wells Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Mary and recently started selling some of the vintage items I've collected over the years on Etsy. I would like to continue to learn more about vintage clothing so I can accurately describe items for sale. I love going to local estate sales and want to continue learning about vintage items I shouldn't pass by.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
    wyogems likes this.
  19. amandainvermont

Welcome Mary. We have a number of members from Maine. Everyone is happy to help if they can.

wyogems likes this.
  20. Lolochan

Lolochan Registered Guest

Hello, I'm Lolo from Canada. I've been a vintage collector for 25 years. I also used to do some buying for a friend's shop in Japan. My partner and I recently took over his grandparent's home and been trying to catalog all their vintage clothes and furniture. I love 30s-40s velvet jackets, 60 and 70s printed tops, and 60s swing coats. Looking forward to learning from you all!

wyogems likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.