1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2023

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Halpert

Sara Halpert Registered Guest

Oh perfect! That's exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Mostly I just went with whatever title the seller had used but when needed googling different dress form names and such. Please note that you won't see the correction for some time as I don't control the flikr so any changes have to go through someone else, but I have noted the name change!

denisebrain likes this.
  2. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Feel free to start a separate thread about your flikr images, as you'll probably get more reponses that way. You can start a thread in the Q&A forum: https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-ask-questions-get-answers.39/

MagsRags likes this.
  4. Crazy Normal Chic/Martina

Crazy Normal Chic/Martina Registered Guest

Hello! Just introducing myself. I'm Martina with Crazy Normal Chic - Vintage - Unique - One of a Kind. My vintage inventory is growing every month and I want my vintage knowledge to grow along side. Looking forward to learning and sharing on this site.

wyogems and Retro Ruth like this.
  5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Hi Martina. We are all learning all the time and look forward to hearing from you.

6. Simona_pomellavintage.it

Simona_pomellavintage.it Registered Guest

Ciao a tutti!

I'm Simona - an Italian retrĂ² soul and vintage hunter, I turn my passion into a job and found the Pomella Vintage Shop in 2020, in Voghera near Milano. I collect mostly italian and french designer and I look forward to sharing my passion with you and discovering and learning more and more!

My best,
    Simona

wyogems and MagsRags like this.
  7. amandainvermont

Ciao Simona and welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild.

8. amandainvermont

Hi Janice, welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild. We have members with special knowledge in different areas, including purses! And I am not one of them. :hysterical: I can see how you are having trouble dating the purse. The inside almost looks new and it's small. What are the measurements? I hope someone drops by soon with more expertise in this area than I have. Meanwhile, keep dropping by with your sister and let us know if we can help.

Kelly C likes this.
  9. Janmul66

Janmul66 Registered Guest

Hello Amanda, the purse is small it measures 5.5 " width across at bottom of purse, 4.5 " across at top of purse and the length is 5". It's really quite lovely.

janice

10. Horgh

Horgh Registered Guest

Hi guys! My name is George and I realy love vintage t-shirts!

wyogems and The Vintage Merchant like this.
  11. plousia

plousia Registered Guest

Hi all, I've loved vintage clothes and thrifting for a long time. I used to have a pretty large vintage wardrobe which sadly I got rid of between moving countries and getting older/gaining weight, but recently I've been starting to buy vintage again. I love the thrill of finding something amazing for a great price at a thrift store, and wearing unique pieces that no one else has. I used to sell a few finds on ebay and have thought of starting up a vintage store again, but not ready to commit to that especially with a lack of storage space!

12. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

13. Kelly C

Kelly C Registered Guest

Hello,
    Thanks for the welcome, I am new to the forums. I work in local theater as a costumer but have always had a love for vintage clothing as my mother was an antique dealer for years. I have recently begun selling vintage and love learning from the resources on this site!

14. Janmul66

Hello, I think I am reintroducing myself here! I have a mesh bag that I was hoping to get some information about. I do not know the date or maker. I love it! My sister and I both love vintage items and we especially love finding out as much as we can about our finds. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! thanks . Janice

Attached Files:

15. Retro Ruth

Hi Janice! I think this is the same bag we talked about here - best to continue in that thread if you have more questions: https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/threads/mesh-bag.79855/

16. Janmul66

Hello Ruth, my apologies. I thought I received a message to repost in a new area? Must have been confused. thanks! janice

Retro Ruth likes this.
  17. Retro Ruth

No probs, I know our forums can be confusing at first. Looking forward to you finding your way around and please ask if you need help.

18. Karen Franklin

Karen Franklin Registered Guest

Thank you for admitting me! I occasionally find vintage clothing and love to find out the history, etc. My current find is a modified pillbox hat made with a soft, red fleecy material sold by The Addis (addis) Store in Syracuse, NY. The hunt is on! LOL

wyogems, MagsRags and Retro Ruth like this.
  19. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

20. Karen Franklin

Karen Franklin Registered Guest

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.