1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please Introduce Yourself Here 2018

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by pinky-a-gogo, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please Introduce Yourself Here

If you have just registered why not introduce yourself to the rest of us? Tell us a little about who you are and what you like because we'd all love to get to know you.

Use this thread for posting an introduction to you!!

Also check out the rest of the Public Information Center for frequently asked technical questions to make your stay an easy as well as pleasant one!

Here are a few links to help you get started:

Welcome to the VFG

How to Get Help with Your Vintage Fashions

How to Post a Photo

2. Lulu Poppins

Lulu Poppins Registered Guest

Hi, I am from Barcelona, Spain. My shop name comes from an old Suitcase I love (in the pictures), as "Maleta" means suitcase in Spanish .
    I was looking for info on internet and found "you".
    Sometimes I have some garment which I am not sure on how to date and It Will be awesome to have your help .
    I also hope I can join as a member soon. Un the meanwhile, I keep reading and knowing the site first.
    Thank you for everything. It was amazing to know about this site and having so many vintage clothing Lovers and info together :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Divadezines, GemGem, kitten and 5 others like this.
  3. rmdkent

rmdkent Registered Guest

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always loved fashion. Clothes were always the most important. My passion for fashion has not changed. I madly love vintage clothing. I am so happy to have found this site. What a great resource to find information on items that sometimes have a very interesting history. Thank you for sharing the knowledge.

4. pbarnes31

pbarnes31 Registered Guest

Greetings! I am a “retired” Women’s Historian who worked primarily in social, political areas. Now that I have fewer career restraints I am turning my focus toward the cultural framework of fashion and textile history, and truly excited to discover VFG as a resource for creative ideas, and documentation.

5. CostumeJewelryNewbe

CostumeJewelryNewbe Registered Guest

Hi im Kevin and im here for some help if possible. I have some vintage Costume Jewlery that i recieved after my Grandmothers passing and i have no idea what i have or what any of it is worth. Im going to upload some photos of the pieces i have. If anybody can help me out by identifying some or all of it and letting me know if there's any value to the pieces (if any at all) that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your help!

6. Mimi58

Mimi58 Registered Guest

Hello. I've been cleaning out belongings and, being a bit vintage myself, there are a few pieces of costume jewelry that I can't identify. I was hoping that this forum would help to identify them, and that I may be able to help others identify clothing or other vintage items.

7. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Hi Kevin and Mimi:

Welcome to the forums! It's good to have you here, so please be sure to start a new thread about any jewelry questions you may have.

You'll want to include clear close-up photos if possible, including pics of the backs and/or any closures. If you need help with uploading photos, see this thread...

https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/threads/faq-how-to-post-a-photo.52756/#post-526166

We look forward to seeing your jewelry treasures!

8. Sazz Vintage

Sazz Vintage Registered Guest

Just regisgtered today. I sell vintage at our brick and mortar store in Philadelphia, as well as online. Looking forward to getting to know other vintage lover and learning to s of helpful info.
    Cheers-
    Melissa

9. Vintage Girl

Vintage Girl Registered Guest

Hi Melissa, I just registered, too. I sell vintage items in my Booth in a brick and mortar store in Alabama, and online, too. I collect and sell a variety of items, but have many hats, gloves, hankies, and aprons among the china and glassware that I sell.
    I do have a question: Does anyone sell vintage full pelt mink collars/wraps? I have one that I want to sell, just not sure if that is acceptable these days.
    I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful group.

10. Sazz Vintage

Sazz Vintage Registered Guest

Heya-
    We, personnally, choose not to deal in furs very much except for small pieces (collars, trim, etc.), though that is really more about storage. I have seen plenty of other people selling fur pieces online.
    Hope that makes sense.

11. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

@Sazz Vintage & @Vintage Girl, welcome to our forums!

We want to be sure you understand, you've now registered to be able to post and read here on our public forums, however, if you are interested in actual trade membership to the Vintage Fashion Guild, you can find that information here: https://vintagefashionguild.org/apply-for-membership/

Here in our forums you can find a TON of information including questions that others have previously asked and that member as well as visitors have answered, that may be helpful to you. Just use that little search box in the upper right hand corner to help you find what you're looking for!

We also have this introduction and guideline that you may find helpful: https://forums.vintagefashionguild....to-get-help-with-your-vintage-fashions.39369/

Welcome!

12. Sonia Helena

Sonia Helena Registered Guest

Hi all,

I'm from Brisbane, Queensland and I have a love for all things vintage.

I have a mesh accessories collection of bags, purses, cigarette cases and the like. The brands include Glomesh, Park Lane, Whiting & Davis etc.

I'm looking for help in dating my pieces so that I can catalogue them properly. Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached a snapshot of my collection :)

Thanks,
    Sonia

Attached Files:

Divadezines, GemGem, kitten and 3 others like this.
  13. Metro Retro Vintage

Lovely collection, Sonia! Be sure to start a separate thread about your purses, so that all members will see it. :)

Divadezines, kitten and Sonia Helena like this.
  14. Sonia Helena

Sonia Helena Registered Guest

Thank you for the tip, I was wondering how best to go about it. I haven't posted to forums in many years :)

kitten and Metro Retro Vintage like this.
  15. Metro Retro Vintage

Hi Sonia -- Just click on the "Post New Thread" button on the top right, in the main section of the forums. We're looking forward to seeing your collection!

16. Francisco Pereira

Francisco Pereira Registered Guest

Hi my name is Frank and I'm from Panama. As of recently I've started to go thrift shopping and find myself wondering from what years are the clothes I see, so that's why I'm here, to further my knowledge in vintage clothing.

Divadezines, GemGem, kitten and 2 others like this.
  17. Dhelms48

Dhelms48 Registered Guest

Hi everyone - my name is Darla Kriley Helms and I am trying to help my mother identify then type of fur used to make a jacket she has in her antique store - I live in Columbia SC and my mother’s antique store, tea room and Bed and Breakfast is located in Butler, PA.

kitten and Metro Retro Vintage like this.
  18. Hello and welcome Darla, If you would like help, please take clear photos of the fur / item and post under our Q&A. Thanks.

19. Carmina Pairet

Carmina Pairet Registered Guest

Hello everyone, my name is Carmina from Barcelona,Spain. I am a vintage dealer, specialized in lace and brides. I also have a bridal collection from 1880 to 1950. I am also selling vintage wedding dresses and vintage inspired items, my sister designes.I just discovered VFG and I am amazed with the huge community. I hope I can help anyone! I specially like old bridal photos and headpieces. Some photo of our collection

otra vista.jpg .

Divadezines, GemGem, kitten and 4 others like this.
  20. Lulu Poppins

Lulu Poppins Registered Guest

Hi Carmina, awesome collection.
    I see you live in Barcelona, same as me.
    Your collection is amazing :)

kitten likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.