1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

2. BrownChicken BrownCow

BrownChicken BrownCow Registered Guest

Hello, thank you for allowing me to take a look around and get comfortable. I have come into som e 80's 90's and early 2000's clothing and I was hoping to ask a question and pick a brain or two. Thanks in advance.

GemGem likes this.
  3. CatsLikeUs

CatsLikeUs VFG Member

Hello! My name is Julie Ann and I own Cats Like Us a retro and vintage clothing shop in Western New York (both brick and mortar and online). We've been open for almost 12 years, but only started selling vintage about three years ago. I've always worn and collected vintage and used to work at Divine Finds Vintage in Buffalo, NY. I like the 1940s-1980s so I'm not too particular and don't really care about labels but more the styles. Some days I'm more rockabilly, some days I'm glam rock, some days I look like Mrs. Roper in a muumuu. I also have a Masters Degree in Modern Art History which overlaps some of the time frame for vintage clothing, but after working in non-profit museums and never getting a raise I decided it's best to be my own boss. I really enjoy the research and history that goes into vintage clothing, not so much the cleaning and repairing. haha. I do my best. My shop recently won the 2021 Best Of Western New York Vintage Clothing Award, and I'm pretty proud of that since we've only been selling it for a few years. Some side notes about me...I love horror movies and write movie reviews for Auxiliary Magazine.

4. Midge

I love that!

GemGem and CatsLikeUs like this.
  5. Kim Chaffi

Kim Chaffi Registered Guest

Hello, all! I have a few vintage fashion items, but I found this site after a girlfriend gave me a Jack Bryan Designs by Du Puis dress that had belonged to her mother. I'm thinking of wearing it to a formal wedding. I did a Google image search and the 2nd result was a question here from a lady about the same designer and I was so surprised to see that Du Puis had answered the question!! So I had to sign up! Thank you.

6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hello and welcome to the VFG Forums. I am sure I am not alone in saying that we are looking forward to seeing items from your mourning collections. My specialty of study is antique hats and I (and others here) would be happy to assist you dating them. You may post items in the thread specifically for Vintage Q & A here:

https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-ask-questions-get-answers.39/

. helloemoti

CatsLikeUs and denisebrain like this.
  8. Agata

Agata Registered Guest

Hi guys! I'm Agata, really nice to be here! I love fashion and I'm just getting into vintage clothing a bit more seriously, so I'm looking forward to learning stuff! I'm particularly interested in styles from 60s and 70s.
    I study animation, but I knit in my spare time, and I'm planning to open a store with my sweaters eventually :)

9. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

:hiya: So happy to have you here Agata!

10. HanaV

HanaV Registered Guest

Hi everyone! My name is Hana and I love vintage. I had been finding, remaking, designing, stitching and living vintage.
    Also I just found fur coat and I am dying For confirmation what animal it is.

11. Midge

12. HanaV

HanaV Registered Guest

Thank you!

13. Joni C.

Joni C. Registered Guest

Hello and thanks. I'm Joni C. Had a vintage clothing store for years in FL, now back home in IA, looking to start selling, researching, and having fun! So very happy to have run into your wonderful VFG! LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS EXPERIENCE.

CatsLikeUs likes this.
  14. Midge

15. LaurenMcB

LaurenMcB Registered Guest

Hello, I'm Lauren and I was born several decades too late for my taste in clothing. Lifelong vintage clothing lover with an addiction to quality fabrics and details. I love researching, but could surely benefit from some expert help on some items. I typically purchase clothing for myself. Way, way too much of it, to be honest. Every now and then I'll rotate some out via eBay so someone else can enjoy them. I like to say I've outgrown them, but the reality is I've hit the age bracket where just because I CAN still wear something doesn't mean anyone my age SHOULD :P I am shifting into the Baroness stage of life - hence the avi.

I found this forum because I have a question about a fur I just picked up, and so I'm going to find the appropriate place to ask about that. I'm pretty excited to check all the forums and learn about EVERYTHING!

CatsLikeUs likes this.
  16. Midge

Hi and welcome to the forums, @LaurenMcB ! I see you have already found the right forum to ask your question.

That sound familiar :hysterical:.

LaurenMcB likes this.
  17. Jules Smith

Jules Smith Registered Guest

Hi I’m new to the forums and so happy to get help on identifying fabrics and vintage fashion. Thanks in advance !

18. Midge

19. MugheaCollects

MugheaCollects Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Müge I'm a designer and , last 15 years of my life I collected original antique pieces of carved gems, coins, mosaics and cameos ,some of my personal design reproductions vintage pieces too.

Links removed, please read forum rules

20. sophiesophie1997

sophiesophie1997 Registered Guest

Hello i'm Sophie i'm gonna open a thrift shop in and i search some vintages clothes. and i need to get help on identifying fabrics, vintage fashion and the brands

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.