1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

2. BrownChicken BrownCow

BrownChicken BrownCow Registered Guest

Hello, thank you for allowing me to take a look around and get comfortable. I have come into som e 80's 90's and early 2000's clothing and I was hoping to ask a question and pick a brain or two. Thanks in advance.

3. CatsLikeUs

CatsLikeUs VFG Member

Hello! My name is Julie Ann and I own Cats Like Us a retro and vintage clothing shop in Western New York (both brick and mortar and online). We've been open for almost 12 years, but only started selling vintage about three years ago. I've always worn and collected vintage and used to work at Divine Finds Vintage in Buffalo, NY. I like the 1940s-1980s so I'm not too particular and don't really care about labels but more the styles. Some days I'm more rockabilly, some days I'm glam rock, some days I look like Mrs. Roper in a muumuu. I also have a Masters Degree in Modern Art History which overlaps some of the time frame for vintage clothing, but after working in non-profit museums and never getting a raise I decided it's best to be my own boss. I really enjoy the research and history that goes into vintage clothing, not so much the cleaning and repairing. haha. I do my best. My shop recently won the 2021 Best Of Western New York Vintage Clothing Award, and I'm pretty proud of that since we've only been selling it for a few years. Some side notes about me...I love horror movies and write movie reviews for Auxiliary Magazine.

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I love that!