1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margol13

margol13 Registered Guest

Hello. Margo Lambert. New to vintage but have always been held by the past and cherished family items. It's the memories and connections that mean so much. When I hold an item that was my grandmother's , I feel so much closer to her. She had stories for everything. I wish she was here and could tell me like she use to : when this was and where she was going. What the night was like and the people she knew. She was a proper society lady. She never went anywhere without her hat and her gloves. She was a millener , she had told me when I was a baby. She had made hats ,but she could make anything. She had me sewing with a needle and thread before I was 11 mo old. I miss her so much.

GemGem and thegrannywardrobe like this.
  2. Caleb Phillips

Caleb Phillips Registered Guest

Hello! My name is Caleb and I am a stylist, collector, and seller. I worked in luxury designer and vintage consignment in NYC before moving home to be close to my family during this crazy pandemic. I've been collecting vintage for the past few years and love to use it for styling! I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Hello Margot @margol13 —that’s wonderful about your grandmother. The history and stories attached to clothing can be so meaningful! We’d love to see your grandmother’s clothes—do you have any photos of her?

GemGem likes this.
  4. denisebrain

5. Angie57

Angie57 Registered Guest

Hi. Than you for accepting me to the forum. I took early retirement last year after working with SEN children for over 30 years. I have collected a few vintage and antique pieces that have attracted my eye over the years, mainly brooches . Recently I've inherited a couple of pieces from my late mother, unfortunately I don't know if they are vintage or modern but I like them anyway because they are bright and sparkly.

GemGem likes this.
  6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums, @Angie57 ! And who doesn't love a bright and sparkly brooch :excitednod:! I see you have already posted in our Q&A section, so hopefully we can help you find out a little more about your mother's brooches.

GemGem likes this.
  7. Angie57

Angie57 Registered Guest

Thank you Karin, Fingers crossed.
    Angie

8. shade112

shade112 Registered Guest

Hello! I'm Rida. I've been a collector for some years and have been lurking these forums to learn more about cleaning and restoring my antique/vintage finds. I thought I would finally make an account and introduce myself. Very much looking forward to making friends here and sharing some of my finds!

denisebrain likes this.
  9. Otraveis Brechó

Otraveis Brechó Registered Guest

Hello dears, i'm Polly, owner of a 2 years old second hand's online store in Brazil, "brecholeira" (as we call) since 2005, getting into vintage's world from now.
    My store it's more about upcycling than vintage but i'm figuring that the history behind vintage is really more interesting haha, thank you for let me in, hope I find new friends and knowledge here.

And sorry for bad english, i'm not used to

denisebrain likes this.
  10. denisebrain

Hello Rida@shade112 Great to have you here!

Please do share your finds—we love to ooo and ahh!

11. denisebrain

12. Mia Wallace

Mia Wallace Registered Guest

Hi everyone, I'm Mia W. I'm not in the industry myself but since I was young, I've had a love for sewing and fashion. I grew up mending and reimagining hand-me-downs and discarded garments, which led me to thrifting and, in turn, discovering some incredible vintage finds. I love to learn more about the enduring pieces I stumble upon and how to ID, clean, and restore them. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and learning more from you all!

13. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome, Mia -

We look forward to seeing your vintage finds!

14. MissPixiePickles

MissPixiePickles Registered Guest

Hi everyone. I've been searching for a forum on vintage jewelry for some time. I'm from the UK and I collect vintage costume jewelry, I have not had much luck finding like-minded people here that appreciate the 'old' stuff, nor have I found anyone with any knowledge that could help to identify some pieces. It's quite frustrating. I have books and I've watched many videos and I am still sat here scratching my head, I have no idea what some of these pieces are.

I am still learning so much and I'm hoping this forum is the right place to be :)

15. halee11

halee11 Registered Guest

Hello Everyone-

I have browsed some of the posts and feel at home already. I live in the US and have an affinitty for "old". It has seen the test of time, more importantly, it has stood the test of time. Im looking for consul on things I own that I just, "liked" and things that speak to me.

If there is info I can assist with, please let me know. It would be my pleasure.

16. Linn

Welcome, Miss Pickles. If you have specific questions about vintage jewelry, please feel free to post them:

https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-ask-questions-get-answers.39/

Please include photos of the front and back of the pieces and any marks - and we'll try to help you.

17. Linn

Welcome, Halee -

Please feel free to answer any questions that are posted and post your own if you have questions!

https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-ask-questions-get-answers.39/

18. darkwingmanor1

darkwingmanor1 Registered Guest

Hello and thank you for the ad. I am a retired museum curator and former collector of vintage and antique mourning items, currently in Medford, OR. Due to age and circumstances, I will be liquidating my collection and am looking for help authenticating dates for some of my items. Hats in particular are troublesome for me! I look forward to learning from you all!

Rue_de_la_Paix likes this.
  19. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

20. Melonie

Melonie Registered Guest

hell0! I have been here for awhile but not introduced myself. I live in Kansas City and am retired from nursing but still work part time in social services. I buy, sell and collect vintage clothing (and lots of other stuff). I collect vintage medical and nursing especially and vintage military. I love clothes from the Edwardian Era and the 60's and 70's. I love anything unusual and odd. Oh and hats... I love hats... once again especially the unusual. I am a horror fan and a scifi fan. Thank for all the help you guys give~~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.