1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, @gelliot ! Though I live in the city, I can relate to "practical" vintage... I have sold a lot of those things that are not easy to wash/clean, because I like wearing my vintage every day to the office (hopefully again soon once we get this pandemic in check!).

gelliot likes this.
  2. Liz Morris

Liz Morris Registered Guest

Hello I am new here today and I’m looking forward to learning more about jewelry especial designer or maker’s marks and identifying etc.. getting to know others too. I love to buy jewelry lots and then turn around a sell them by piece or small groups. Funny that I don’t wear jewelry myself but I just love it.

Midge likes this.
  3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Liz -

Welcome to the Forums. Please feel free to ask any questions you have about jewelry in the Public - Ask Questions Get Answers Forum and if someone knows - they'll reply!

4. Sunflower

Sunflower Registered Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have found this forum.

I'm from England and have always been interested in all thing vintage, rummaging in auctions, jumble sales and charity shops is a passion.

Since the pandemic started I have developed a love for vintage silk scarves to use as face coverings.

5. Midge

6. AmINutz

AmINutz Registered Guest

7. Diorama

Diorama Registered Guest

Hello! This place seems like such a nice resource. I am on a few discord communities devoted to makeup and fashion, but as I have become more interested in vintage specifically, I am very happy to find this place! It ever seems relatively active! It looks like there are many knowledgeable people in this thread alone.

I have admired vintage fashion and fashion history for years now, but just decided to finally take the plunge collecting as a result of the pandemic. I made the mistake of trying to buy repro, but most of those ended up not looking quite right.

I've since collected quite a few dresses from Etsy and local vintage sellers. Most need a little bit of mending, I'll make sure to try to share my collection soon.

My area of interest, or at least the silhouette that fits me the best, is the 1930s - early 1940s. I do have a couple of 1920s dresses as well.

Any recommendations for great vintage shops in Portland or Seattle are very welcome!

Midge likes this.
  8. Midge

9. Sara Darkhart

Sara Darkhart Registered Guest

Lifelong lover of all eras of fashion. Expertise in 20th century bridal attire and restoration. Happy to add whatever odds and ends I can!

10. Linn

11. monicablanc

monicablanc Registered Guest

monica blanc apparel designer

12. Moony

Moony Registered Guest

Hello, everyone! I'm Moony and I'm kind of knew to the vintage clothing scene. With that said, I have always had a love for 60's-90's era clothing and would love to incorporate some of that fashion into my wardrobe someday. Been on the lookout for a particular vintage item and I'm hoping this place can help me with finding it and others!
    I'm a little quiet, so I apologize in advance for any long spans of radio silence.

Thanks for having me, can't wait to explore and learn more here!

13. Midge

14. ClaireClaire

ClaireClaire Registered Guest

Hi everyone
    I have been collecting vintage for about a decade so far, I was mainly into the 50s now more oriented towards the Edwardian era

15. Midge

16. Lana2013

Lana2013 Registered Guest

Hi! My name is Lana. I'm a young vintage lover, and am very new to the vintage scene. With that said, I lean more into the 40's-50's era, with interest in the Edwardian era as well. I love shopping for vintage pieces, and was wondering if everyone could help me out with building my closet.

That being said, I'm on the quiet side, so I apologize for spans of silence.

Thank you so much for having me!

Midge likes this.
  17. Linn

Welcome to the VFG Forum, Lana -

Many of our VFG Members have wonderful pieces from the '40s and '50s and sometimes earlier. If you visit the Forum often you might see a question about something that interests you - or a piece shown in our "Fresh Vintage" or Weekly Parade that speaks to you. And, if you are looking for something specific you can post in the "Looking for Something" Forum:

https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-most-wanted-looking-for-something.44/

Vinclothes likes this.
  18. KeepItVintage

KeepItVintage Registered Guest

Hello! My name is Luna and I love learning more about vintage clothing and brands! I'm a fashion history nerd and love learning more about vintage brands, specifically from the 70s and 80s! I love collecting vintage clothing from those eras and learning more about sourcing vintage clothing for midsize and plus size people! So happy to have found this forum :)

19. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome, Luna. Please do drop in to our forums, you can learn so much there. You can also use our label resource and all the other sources you can find from our home page. Even those of us who have been wearing and buying and selling vintage for many years, still learn a lot from our colleagues here.

https://vintagefashionguild.org/

20. ANDREW RYNNE

ANDREW RYNNE Registered Guest

Hi everybody. My name is Andrew Rynne and I am a vintage eyewear collector and consultant. I have a youtube channel and website called Lunetx
    Fed up watching brands and manufacturers move their production to low cost countries I started collecting by "digging" in all the local factories and even scrap-dealers. Great fun was had for many years and I recently decided to launch the website and share a little history etc on Youtube. I look forward to reading any information you share

denisebrain and Retro Ruth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.