1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2023

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild's public forums, where ideas are exchanged daily by both VFG members and guests.

Have some lovely vintage finds you're bursting to share with like-minded vintage lovers?
    Or have questions about a vintage fashion item that you need some guidance with?

You've come to the right place!

We do have a few easy to understand Forum Rules that we ask that you read through before you get started.

Again, we welcome you, and hope you will find our resources helpful as well as fun!

I have a specific question about a garment; how do I get help with it?

There is an enormous amount of interesting information gathered here at the Vintage Fashion Guild, so we suggest that you first simply go to the Vintage Fashion Guild homepage and check out the many resources linked there.

If you are unable to find an answer there please feel free to post a question with photos so we can help you more readily. (See How to Post a New Thread and How to Post a Photo.)
    Please post your question in the Q&A located here.

How can I express my thanks?

If we have been able to help you, please see Ways to Say Thank You.

How do I apply for Membership?

This is our Code of Practice; if you find you're already following these guidelines, you may be eligible for membership with us. Also see Why Join?

2. Zacha Liz

Zacha Liz Registered Guest

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I've been a vintage collector and seller for 10 years. Look forward to being a part of this community!

wyogems, Cestsibon and denisebrain like this.
  3. Marlisa

Marlisa Registered Guest

Hi:) my name is Marlisa! I love fashion and clothes and history!! So excited to be here

wyogems and Cestsibon like this.
  4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums, Zacha and Marlisa! @Marlisa, I have moved your question to a new thread in the correct forum, so that it will be better visible.

Zacha Liz likes this.
  5. Marlisa

Marlisa Registered Guest

Thank you

6. mimilight

mimilight Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Amanda! I'm currently setting up my first online vintage shop with my grandmother-in-law's fantastic array of clothes and shoes. Looking forward to using the resources here as I go! Thanks!

7. Pat Morse

Pat Morse Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Pat. I've been selling antiques at Brimfield for 30 years and my daughter just sent me the link to this forum which I have already found helpful.
    Thank you so much!

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Welcome Pat. A number of our members are regulars at Brimfield.

9. Pat Morse

Thank you. I don't specialize in clothes but will pick up anything old and interesting, especially Asian pieces which I have a very strong market for.

Cestsibon likes this.
  10. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hi Pat, and welcome! I sell at Brimfield too! What field are you in?

11. Pat Morse

Hi, Susan.
    We are in Green Acres, third row on the left, big tent under the maple tree. Same spot for over 30 years. How about you?

12. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I'm in the Vintage Fashion Tent on the Mahogany Ridge field. This will be my 12th year.

May will be here before we know it. I cannot wait!

shearling store likes this.
  13. Pat Morse

Yes, I know that tent. At the other end of town. I have probably seen you there.
    Pat

14. PhoenixSisters

PhoenixSisters Registered Guest

Hi All, I'm about a month into my vintage journey, together with my sisters. Following a catastrophic leak at my grandmother's house, where she's been hoarding vintage and antiques for about 60 years, we've taken on the herculean task of trying to save some of her treasures from the skip and find them new homes. It's quite daunting but I've found your resources really helpful and am enjoying the journey. Hope to be able to participate here. Based in London UK and dealing with everything from bags of furs, 200 hats to over 1000 silk scarves!

wyogems and Lolochan like this.
  15. amandainvermont

Wow - what a job and at the same time, what fun. We have fine members on your side of the ocean. (I had to think for a moment what a "skip" was.) I have found if dealing with damaged furs, the folks who collect dolls like remnants. We have hat "experts" and members who sell loads of scarves, so you have come to the right place for advice. WE would LOVE to see anything and everything. There's a lot of collective knowledge in this group.

wyogems likes this.
  16. PhoenixSisters

PhoenixSisters Registered Guest

Thanks Amanda - "Everything" would be a lot!! It's a 5 bedroom detatched home and some rooms are so full of things we're still working our way in! Lots of stuff is sadly damaged (the entire African gourd instrument collection, formerly of the landing halfway down the stairs disintegrated!) but we've saved and are sorting a lot of the clothes. Would it be appropriate for me to make a thread to post about progress in the general chat space? New and not sure of the etiquette but if it's of interest I'm happy to share the most interesting bits and welcome all advice!

wyogems and Narai like this.
  17. amandainvermont

INDEED - Please do start a new thread and report on your progress, WITH PHOTOS, discoveries and problems and hopefully we can help you. What a shame moisture got into things. Good luck!

PhoenixSisters likes this.
  18. JOVANNE SANTOS-MASON

JOVANNE SANTOS-MASON Registered Guest

Hello,

I'm just a Vintage enthusiast.

My family had a flourishing garment business from 1970-1995 in California. Im starting to find the label in Vintage stores and I wanted to see if I can find more information or perhaps provide some knowledge to add to the guild's data base. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Made in Philippines/ The Foreign look Inc/ The Foreign Look Inc USA
    Asian Inspired embroidered jacket, blouse, dress and more.

wyogems and PhoenixSisters like this.
  19. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

20. Mosie12

Mosie12 Registered Guest

Hi! I’m Morgan- just a girl into fashion in NYC.

wyogems likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.