1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 NEW TO THE BOARD? INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Joanne

(Joanne was the one wondering about Union labels in a previious converation) Its good to have a name to put to the id!
    We have members from all other parts of Canada but you may be our first from Quebec. I would love to hear more about being a museum techician!

Steph -

That's not too confusing, we just look at your id and your avatar and we know who you are! I worked somewhere once where there were 5 employees and three were named Chris (including me!). We knew who were were but try and have someone call and have to play 20 questions to figure who it was.

Chris

2. A big welcome to our 3 newest vintie lovers: Wendy, Steph and Joanne!!

It's great to have 3 new folks all at the same time!

We have a lot of fun on this board and you will meet some great like-minded people.

I love your logos Wendy! They are so crisp and atomic!!

Steph, if you haven't looked yet, has the cutest little mannis and dress forms on her website!

And Wendy, you will love having a shop on Babylon Mall. I was selling on eBay (since '99) and had my own website (since '03) and then opened up Beehive Yourself in Babylon Mall. After I did that, I gave eBay the old heave-ho and haven't been back since. Between my mall shop and my website, I couldn't be happier!!

So once again, Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Have fun :bouncy:

~Maureen

3. mollie63

mollie63 Registered Guest

Hi there, am hoping to get my web site up and running. I post vintage on ebay when I find same. My thing is costumes. I recently retired from nursing and have time to pursue my hobbies. Can't wait to check out those mannequins, they are my passion. Love vintage anything. I do flea markets all summer, OHH the fun you can have when you retire!!

4. Patentleathershoes

Hi Mollie!!

Welcome!!

No matter if you have a website or not, we are all vintage lovers, collectors, or.....um...junkies! So feel free to jump right in.

Congratulations on your retirement! My cousin just got his nursing license and he loves it. Hard work, but he would not dream of doing anything else!

Chris

5. :hiya: Hi Mollie,

Welcome to the vintage lovers paradise!! It's wonderful to have you here.

Major congrats on your retirements!! That's just super :USETHUMBUP:

Welcome again and don't be shy. Just jump right in, the water's fine :bouncy:

Cheers ~ Maureen

6. Patentleathershoes

It's so cool to see new people! :wub:

7. Fireflybluenight

Fireflybluenight Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Heather from a small village in the Midlands, UK. I found the site by chance, but hey youre all a very knowledgeable lot!!!

I'm into most era's and styles, but seem to be developing a passion for the 50's and Laura Ashley. Ive bought some new pieces recently, and Id ideally like to turn my hobby into something more in the future. Any tips!!

When I get a new piece I just have to research it and find out as much as I can - I find this so rewarding (my partner, Gary, just doesnt get it!!).

Not sure if Im using this board correctly?

Heather

8. Patentleathershoes

Hi Heather!

Welcome!

You are using the board correctly because I can read what you typed just fine! Feel free to jump in and ask whatever questions you have. (we would love to see you show off some of your collection/wardrobe, too!)

And don't worry about Gary, when significant others find out that we really are happy at what we are doing they either start liking it or learn to live with it :) My husband keeps looking at photos from the teens and 20s and says "if they made suits that nice looking now I would WANT to wear suits voluntarily?" Don't know if i will ever find anything like that in his size. He really has changed his tune and now he loves it. Though he admits my shoes are still rather scarey

Chris

9. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Hi Heather!
    I took over the shared office space we have. i thought I'd get in trouble with the significant other but he lets me do my own thing. As long as I don't put anything on HIS desk, he's ok. He'll learn to live with it.
    sandra

10. Boy, am I behind the times! Welcome Wendy, Steph, Joanne, Mollie, and Heather! You can tell it's, um, been a while since I've read this thread. :BAGUSE:

Steph, how dare your parents have such refined taste in names! :P

11. Bobbi

Bobbi Registered Guest

Hello, I heard about this group from Steph alldressforms.com. Thanks Steph!:hiya:

My name is Bobbi and I am from BC Canada. I've never been to this type of forum before so please bear with me as I figure out how it works.

Gosh lets see...I am trying to be an artist. Started out many years ago sewing skirts and painting t-shirts to match. Once those matching outfits started being mass produced I decided I had better change so I did glass painting for a while. That has lead to mosaics which I do now. I have also discovered altered art and collage and am learning about those now as well. The altered art and collage have me interested in vintage things now.

I have a cedar trunk with some pretty cool dresses of my mothers..gosh, I guess they would be from the '40's & '50's and a couple of pieces that belonged to my grandmother. I'd love to try them on but I am pretty darned sure I wouldn't even begin to fit in them!!!

Nice to meet you all. I will sit back and observe a bit for a while here so I can learn about this group.
    Cheers,
    Bobbi:hiya:

12. Patentleathershoes

Hi Bobbi!!

Welcome!!!

"trying to be an artist"? then you are probably already are :)

No need to sit back...jump in at anytime. There is a friendly bunch here and we would love to see pics of what is in that cedar trunk!! (we are also very understanding and helpful when it comes to technical difficulties). on top of it (it just gets better doesn't it?) we have many other canadian members.

Chris

13. Hi, Bobbi! :hiya:

It's nice to e-meet you! I've discovered, over time here, that most of us are artists of a kind. You're in good company--and welcome!

14. :hiya: Hi Bobbi!

Please do post some of your art!! We would love to see it (and also have a peek into that trunk of yours)!!!!!

You will like it here. I really enjoy the discussions and the wonderful group of women!!

Welcome again and please jump in and post away!

:D Maureen

15. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

Welcome aboard Bobbi, I also hail from BC!, and there is another one here( she's just gettin' her feet wet on this forum) from BC also.

I'm in the OK Valley, love it here.

Gayle

16. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

Hi bobbie,
    Welcome! This place is great; lots of freindly and interesting people from all over!
    kelly

17. artizania

artizania Alumni + VFG Past President

Welcome aboard! :clapping:

18. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Welcome Bobbi! :hiya:

I would love to see your artwork, too. And your trunk contents :love008:

The women and men on this board are wonderful people....you will love it here! :bouncing:

Gail

19. mannequin-lady

mannequin-lady Registered Guest

That 20 questions game was funny!

I'm trying to come up with a nice avatar. Coming soon to a vintage scene near you!

20. mannequin-lady

mannequin-lady Registered Guest

Hi, Bobbi

I knew you'd "fit" in very well with this group!

Now, repeat this to yourself three times and go do it:

Open the trunk.
    Take photos.
    post them here.

BTW, friends, I "met" Bobbi when she ordered a couple of paper mache dress forms from me. It's nice to see how networking works!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.