1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

HI Laura, welcome! You will soon find your way around without too much difficulty! I would love to have a sneaky peek in your closets, bet there are some wondrous things there!

kelly

2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Just bumping up!!:bouncing:

I don't think I replied on this thread, so welcome Laura (if a little belatedly... :BAGUSE:)

:hiya:

3. pastlives

pastlives Registered Guest

Hi! I finally decided to take a moment to look around. Could be tempted to spend a lot of time here but always seem to have too many pokers in the fire. I have been an appreciater of anything vintage for over 30 years. Don't dress up like I used to mainly cause I don't have too many places to go :). But still like to hunt for the great old stuff and offer most of it on ebay. That keeps me in pocket money so I can go shop some more. You know the story. I'll shop for anything, and do keep real special bits just for me. I was looking at some workshop posts here and cannot figure why I am never able to make a picture appear by clicking on the red x. Was never able to make it work on ebay or any place else for that matter. Just thought I'd mention that as I'd really like to take a better look around. Thanks for having me. Laurel

4. Hattysattic

hello laurel - good to see you posting!
    :)

i'm with you on the lack of places to go.. i've started dressing up for anything and everything i can these days. :D what's your ebay id so i can have a look at your finds? it's always nice to meet people with the same hunting instinct!!

i think the red x's are where the picture is no longer available, so it's not you. i'll have a look too.

:hiya:

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Laurel!!

:party:

6. pastlives

pastlives Registered Guest

Hello again. Interesting about the Xs. I found that with my "me"page on ebay too. For awhile I had pictures, then I had xs. Went to edit last night and blew the whole works away. had to redo the whole thing. Fashionista- I've seen the name on the discussion board there. Love to browse and see what I can learn. I'm pastlivesbc on ebay. Just finished a bunch of china and odds and ends. Trying to get back to clothing but keep getting side tracked. Have linens on the go right now. This is definitely the busy time of year. I don't list much through the summer as I use that time to run around and shop. It is still kind of winter so would like to get a bunch more out before I take my R&R. I'll watch for you too. Thanks for the welcome.

7. hot_cakes

hot_cakes Registered Guest

Hello Everyone!

I've just joined the VGF and am proud to be part of this circle of happy vintage addicts. I'm seller "hot_cakes!" on eBay and "Love me 2 times" on rubylane. I basically starting selling because I was running out of space to store my vintage treasure trove. Every week or so, I look through my cache and filter. It's so hard to do sometimes because I truly love everything! I too, have had my regrets after I've sold something for less that was worth more. Oh well!

I've been collecting for a little over 20 years and cannot stop myself from hunting for more. There's nothing more thrilling and satisfying than finding a wonderful vintage score! The high lasts for a couple of days I swear! I have already learned so much from you all. I'm looking foward to meeting some new people and discussing ideas and new fashion trends.

Grisett

8. Hello Grisett!! Great to see you here. Hope you will also drop in on the Members Board to say hi!

Bonnie

9. Hattysattic

Hello Grisett! :hiya:

You have some lovely things - I feel your pain at parting with it, it's only too familiar! The good thing I find is that everyone here understands :)

Nice to see you posting!

10. hot_cakes

Thanks for the warm welcome Harriet and Bonnie....!

My fondest goal is to be as saavy as some of you with your professional looking auctions and listings. I'm not quite sure how to add pictures and links to my posts. Those cute smiley faces are too funny!

Has anyone noticed the "new 1960's" look that's starting to show up on the runways and copied by some designers?

Grisett/hot_cakes!

11. dollface_delilah

dollface_delilah Registered Guest

Hi Everyone!

This is such a wonderful website! I've only just registered here and I already love browsing the messages for informations, tips and advice! It's so friendly! I only wish I knew enough to be able to help people with their queries, but that's why I'm here......I've been interested in vintage fashion, well 60s and 70s mainly, for around 12 years, and I started selling vintage clothing and accessories on eBay about a year ago. I'd kind of lost my way with my interest in vintage clothing(other things just seemed to take over), but my selling has ~thoroughly~ revived that interest and then some!! I'm getting all excited again about searching for beautiful garments and fabrics only THIS time, I really want to LEARN more rather than just using the uniqueness and appeal of vintage garments for fantabulous dressing up! But that's good too, right? :spin: So at the moment I'm looking for study pieces, from the 1900s to 40s particularly, so that I can get a real feel for the fabrics and designs and hopefully educate myself a little! Waffling now....... Anyway I couldn't go without saying a big "thank you" to Lei, Harriet and Jonathan, who have ALREADY helped me with dating a pair of skating boots that were mystifying me ~ THANK YOU!! Great to be here, hope to chat to anyone and everyone soon!

Emily x

(dollface_delilah)

12. Patentleathershoes

13. Hattysattic

Grisett, I think you're right with the 60s popularity thing (which I do like, so that's all good for me!) :)

- and Emily that's exactly why I ended up here and I feel like I am still the one asking the most questions, lol! But the good thing is there usually is someone that knows, so don't be afraid to ask. Nice to see another UK-er too!

14. hot_cakes

Thanks for the link Chris. I tried following your advice, and somehow, it didn't work for me. Drat! What am I doing wrong?

How do I get my pics from my Kodak picture files from my computer posted?
    I can't figure out what to type in the Avatar URL box to load them...

Grisett
    :(

15. Patentleathershoes

you would have to have them hosted somewhere..photobucket, inkfrog, your personal web space to have them work on the forum. otherwise, you can only do one at a time on your individual messages

Chris

16. cherrystylee

cherrystylee Registered Guest

Hi there!

My name is Amanda and I sell on Ebay . I have been buying and wearing vintage for 10 years now and only recently (in the past year) starting selling seriously. I am a sociology student working on my BA and my other main interests besides vintage clothes are reggae and spending time with my wonderful boyfriend.

I've been viewing the VFG site for about two years but only recently registered for the board.

As far as vintage clothes go, I don't "collect" anything though I do enjoy simple knit dresses, patent leather shoes (esp mary janes), patent purses, and princess coats, all preferably from the 60's and early 70's.

Nice to meet you all!

17. Hattysattic

It's nice to meet you too Amanda! I wonder - does your shoe rack constitute a little collection...? :D

I had a look at your about me page - I do love your photos: That's a cool background you've got going on, it really works! Will keep an eye out for your 'want' list :)

18. cherrystylee

cherrystylee Registered Guest

I suppose you *could* call it a collection, but I pass on more than I keep.

19. Hattysattic

A discerning one then! :) The best sort I'm sure - my technique is to keep anything and everything when really I should stick to one nice example of each item...

20. antiqueladyvintage

antiqueladyvintage Registered Guest

Hello: A friend and fellow dealer kindly referred me to the Vintage Fashion Guild. I used to have a brick and mortar shop but gave it up and am now trying online selling. I am a bit nervous. I researched sales venues and there seem to be a large amount of crazy people out there. A fellow dealer sells on EBay and has been inundated with unreasonable people -- in particular, the crazy woman who purchased a pair of vintage shoes estimated as a size 8 but shoe measurements were provided in the listing and the crazy woman demanded a refund, claiming the shoes were misrepresented. That kind of thing makes me nervous.

However, I am going to give it the old college try. I have degrees in fashion and art history. I prefer 19th century fashions and earlier but also enjoy fashions from 1900-1964. Designer 1980s fashions are a guilty pleasure.

I have an EBay store. I think I added a signature to this email. If not, though, the link is www.stores.ebay.com/antique-lady-vintage. I plan to open a Babylon Mall store, too. In researching EBay completed listings, I think vintage clothing, more often than not, goes for low prices. Babylon Mall has the added advantage of no listing or insertion fees. :)

I live in Wisconsin and have four beautiful cats to keep me company. By day, I provide consulting services in the medical field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.