1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrickVintage

TrickVintage Registered Guest

Hi - I\'m a New Member

hi there - I just registered today to this site to learn more about vintage clothing, shoes, and accessories to better support my eBay selling business. I'm relatively new (well, powerseller with 881 feedback score) and I find that I don't get the same prices that other vintage sellers do on eBay. It's a bit frustrating, perplexing..well, I just don't get it. Of course, other sellers, have fake-boobed, tattooed up...uh models, but the clothes are SO similar.
    So, since I've always been a fan of continuing education..I'm here to continue mine.

2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

It's nice to meet you!:hiya:

Oh, the wonderful world of ebay.. it is a law unto itself, that's true. You'll have to put a link to your auctions - good advertising, as you seem to have some very nice things :)

3. TrickVintage

TrickVintage Registered Guest

4. Hello to Nicola, Rosine, Vera, and cboppre!

--Kari

5. vintageve

vintageve Registered Guest

Hi y'all!

I'm a newbie to the site from the UK. Just went to my first vintage fashion fair at Earl's Court today in London and am thinking about joining in!!!

I currently work at a public art gallery so love and appreciate works of art - and as I also personally love fashion - I thought about combining the two!

I look forward to reading all the other posts and see whether I go down the path of setting up my own vintage bizness!

Thanks!

6. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Welcome from Illinois USA, vintageve!! We are so glad to have you.:clapping:

It won't take you long to get hooked on vintage clothing.

7. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Hi from another UK Newbie or relatively so... It would look so cool to walk around a art gallery with a vintage style dress especially if the exhibits were from the same era.
    Weeks on I still have not read or come any way near reading at all, By the way what is your favourite period for vintage fashion.
    Paul.

8. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Welcome from sunny Florida :)

Nice to have you here.

9. Hattysattic

Hello from (sadly not so sunny) Lincolnshire :hiya:
    Always nice to hear when someone else has the bug.... :D

10. chelsealace

chelsealace Alumni

Heloo everyone.
    I'm Margaret Williamson at Chelsealace and am a new member, I hope that I am introducing myself in the right place as I am only just becoming computer literate.
    I have been dealing since the early 70s!!!!!!!! First I was in Rye in East Sussex and then did 11 years outside in Bermondsey Market, London - no mean feat with lace and textiles! After that I moved to Portobello Market. I was in Antiquarius in the King's Road for quite a few years and latterly in Vintage Modes in Gray's, Bond Street.
    My speciality is lace and I love 19th century linens and whitework. I do vintage fashion and all that it entails. Look me up at www.chelsealace.com. Remember that I am new to the internet. If anyone remembers me - must surely be someone out there - do let me know. I would love to hear from you. I'm really happy to have been accepted here. Margaret

11. Hattysattic

Hello Margaret!

It's great to see you here :) It took me an age to find the New visitors centre when I joined as I was pretty computer phobic. so you have done extremely well!
    As a VFG member you can go and introduce yourself on the trade side too. It's great to have an expert in lace join us, and I am you are going to be most welcomed. And from a personal point of view it's always nice to see another Brit, of course!

:hiya:

12. Patentleathershoes

13. missmuffettwo

missmuffettwo Registered Guest

Christine here from sunny Sydney. I'm a veteran dressmaker, married with 4 adult children, freelancing and specializing in repro historic costumes for historic house museums and LARP for the last 4 years. Previously I sewed weddings, formals, special occasions etc. for clients including shows and professional entertainers. It's so funny to look on this site and see the clothes I used to wear as a teenager described as VINTAGE (what does that make ME? lol) I'm sure I still have some of them in my groaning wardrobe as well... Although I prefer older things these days I will still enjoy reading your posts and if I can help with identifying fabrics or styles, I'll post the info. I recently displayed my vintage undies (Victorian and Edwardian) and repro costumes at the inaugural Vintage Clothing, Textile and Jewellery Show in Sydney, we had about 2500 visitors to the one day show and the organiser is keen to go again next year over a whole weekend at a larger venue. Seems there is some interest in New South Wales, people apparently travelled for several hours to visit and some exhibitors came from interstate as well. Hope to learn a lot on this site too, cheers for now. :kiss:

14. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Hello, Christine, we are so happy to have you.:clapping:

15. Patentleathershoes

Hi Christine!

I feel old too, as 1982 and older is considered vintage now!

We have a few trade members and a few public forum registrants from Australia...looks like you are in good company here :)

Chris

16. Hattysattic

:clapping:
    Welcome from the not so sunny UK (although not as bad today, thank fully:) ) Good to see you!:hiya:

17. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

Welcome Christine!

kelly

18. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hi Kristine! It's great having you here.

Lizzie

19. louise

louise Registered Guest

Hello

Hello;
    I have recently registered and I am excited to chat vintage. I currently own a vintage couture store called The Cat's Meow, it is located in Toronto, Canada. You can check me out at www.thecatsmeowcouture.com if you like. I'm sure I will be asking many a question to the other chatter boxes in the near future.
    Thanx
    Louise

20. Patentleathershoes

Hi Louise..welcome!

Chris from sunny Florida

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.