1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2022

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Ratcatcher2, Jan 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Justien1979

Justien1979 Registered Guest

Greetings! I was overjoyed to find this amazing trough of information to devour. I have always loved vintage clothing but only recently started collecting with purpose. I am concentrating on evening wear and lingerie but, as random as I am, who knows where I'll end up.... I am selling my findings that don't suit my tastes or fit my body but I already have a career. I may be interested in the advanced membership in the near future, for now I am just very grateful for the information and engagment! Thank you

denisebrain likes this.
  3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome Justien1979! You've come to the right place. :)

Justien1979 likes this.
  4. Maddy95

Maddy95 Registered Guest

The Vintage Fashion Guild has come into my life at the right time as my sister and I deal with our aunt’s passion for fashion. Fortunately we both have the same passion and are fascinated by vintage clothes. We look forward to learning more and are especially glad that there is lingerie and hat resources. Here’s to fashion! Maddy95

denisebrain likes this.
  5. denisebrain

Welcome @Maddy95 :hiya: You are definitely in the right place!

6. Maëlys

Maëlys Registered Guest

Hello! I'm Maëlys, I've been passionate about vintage fashion for a while, especially 60s-70s British high-street and designer brands. :)
    I've been shopping for vintage pieces at dedicated sales for years, and most of what I own and wear is vintage - tops, jackets and shirts in particular!
    I do not own yet any garments from the brands and designers I love from afar most (Penny Takes A Trip, Biba, Mr Fish, Ossie Clark... I know how hard to find they are!) but hope to one day, and also maybe start building a true collection. :)

I've just discovered the Vintage Fashion Guild forum and website, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from all the information on here!

I also visited the "Beautiful People: The boutique in 60s counterculture" at the Fashion & Textile Museum in London (it closed last week) and took a lot of pictures of the clothes on display (almost all of it, actually) and noted down who the designers were and the dates of the pieces. I'll be happy to post them on the forum if it is of any interest at all or allowed.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    denisebrain likes this.
  7. denisebrain

8. Maëlys

Maëlys Registered Guest

Hi, thank you! :)

I hadn't seen that article, it's exactly what I'm interested in, thank you so much!
    And I'll make sure to post some pictures of the exhibition in the Vintage Chatter forum.

denisebrain likes this.
  9. Jay Larson

Jay Larson Registered Guest

Hello All! My name is Jay and I have been digging through my attic. The attic is in a house that was built in 1924 and has been occupied by my family the entire time. This is the "new" house - the original farmhouse was built in 1906 and has been restored. It is used as a guest house and is rented on airbnb. Anyway, our attic has never been cleaned out. I have come across LOTS of amazing treasures with some vintage clothing, some handmade and some store bought including boxes and boxes of hats, formal dresses, purses, shoes belonging to my mother, my grandmother and my great-grandmother. There are military uniforms from a yet to be determined World War, pea-coats and pants suits. My family never threw anything away. And everyone sewed, so I have every color of button, zipper, ribbon and such dating back probably 100 years - and the sewing machines as well! Anyway, I'm excited to learn about these items and share them online with you! This looks to be an amazing resource.

10. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Oooh, can't wait to see these treasures @Jay Larson !

11. cnk23

cnk23 Registered Guest

Hi everyone! My name is Chelsea, and my love for all things antique/vintage started at quite a young age. My grandparents were avid antiquers and I loved tagging along and hearing what they knew about the things they would find. Fast forward to high school and college when I started thrifting and getting into vintage fashions. I spent a lot of years after that away from the vintage world living quite simply in nature, but I've recently returned to the scene and am eager to keep working on my vintage collection. I like to look for a little bit of everything, but I'm always on the lookout for unique 1960's clothing. My 2 main obsessions in the vintage fashion world are coats and handbags. Can't wait to participate here and learn as much as I can from you all.

12. denisebrain

Welcome Chelsea! You can share your finds here—we like to oooh and ahhh!

13. fridaybutnotmonday

fridaybutnotmonday Registered Guest

Hi! I'm Alden! I've been into vintage fashion since 6th grade, but really had the chance to deep dive over quarantine. I had a big 1970s kick over the last two years but am now sort of mixing and matching (Mina Le-style, if you will). I'm starting to get into thrifting now that I have more time after finishing college applications, and am hoping to get a better eye at finding vintage pieces, since I've just been going to a handful of places with kinds of pieces in mind rather than dates, but have still ended up with some gems. I discovered the VFG from starting a new journey (as new as today) learning how to date the pieces that I've picked up, and found some wonderful advice. I look forward to helping others on here, as well as getting some help myself with dating items! :)

14. denisebrain

I'm so happy that you found something so great to get into over quarantine! Really excited for you.

You can bring questions about dating items here any time. Plus show us what you find as well.

Oh, and welcome! :hiya:

15. Marguerite Garfield

Marguerite Garfield VFG Member

Hello all; I’m so glad I took the leap to join. My first ‘job’ was in a thrift store aged 15. My first purchases there were a cream leather jacket, and a original velvet underground T-shirt. I’m now 45 and haven’t stopped collecting/ researching/ living vintage since. After years as a journalist I swapped hats and worked in drama costumes, and now I’m working on a book documenting the lives of the Biba Girls, the ultimate 60s/70s it girls. My main interests are late 60s/70s/ early 80s. Halston and Yves are my go to favourites but I love Biba, bill Gibb, ossie clark and etc etc. My collection of original clothes, books and magazines is extensive. I’d call myself a fashion history nerd, but I consider it too cool to be nerdy. Looking forward to sharing my corner of expertise!

16. denisebrain

17. Rosalindo

Rosalindo Registered Guest

Hello I am Rosalindo. I am so glad to be a part of this forum.I am very much lucky.Thanks to all staff, members and guests. I am not working on fashion industry. I just want to gather knowledge and sharing fashion related topics. (Forgive my wrong if any)
    Regards
    Rosalindo

18. Weirdorama

Weirdorama Registered Guest

Evening all! So, I've been in vintage for most of my adult life.
    My company Weirdorama was established in 1993 in Niagara Falls, Canada. Since then, I've been all over the region, with brick and mortars, and online for about 15 years. I shut down the last brick and mortar at the beginning of the Plague and never reopened.
    Etsy is my online platform since 2011. I just participated in the strike today in solidarity with other sellers. I'm back up and running my 6 shops now.
    My specialty for 25 years was Men's 70s & disco due to the outfitting of one event, the World's Largest Disco in Buffalo.
    Now, I'm focusing on a broader vintage base. I have no shortage of stock. I don't have to hunt for it, it comes to me. Often if I want it or not, lol.
    Later,
    Chrystal

19. Phmurrayoh

Phmurrayoh Registered Guest

Good morning, Midge my name is Paula and I live in Ohio. I love vintage dresses and purses (small collection, about 8 purses cir 50-60's & 4 sequined dresses cir. 80's). I actually began about 15 years ago with my first dress, and recently lost enough weight to actually wear that dress. Now all I am drawn to is vintage clothing options, and I just found your website while looking for help with hints on the proper care for these garments including repairs. I am so very glad I found you.

denisebrain likes this.
  20. denisebrain

Welcome Paula! I'm glad you found us!

Phmurrayoh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.