1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2022

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Ratcatcher2, Jan 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Welcome Georgina!

2. Laurenf

Laurenf Registered Guest

Hiya, I'm Lauren!
    I love vintage fashion and accessories (especially accessories <3) but I've made this account to help me date a lot of fur coats I've recently inherited.
    I'd like to sell them all because they're not quite my style, but I also want to know what I need to mention to potential buyers so they're happy with what they receive, as well as what to price them at.
    Expect to see me perusing the vintage fur forums for now! I'm going to be setting up a imgur account so it's easier to look through them, since there's about 13 of them, and a gorgeous cape with a fur trim.
    Anybody who loves fur or is otherwise knowledgeable about it is free to message me, I'm not really sure how these things work, but thanks for letting me into this lovely little corner of the internet beatingHeart

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome Lauren!

We have one member who is particularly knowledgeable about furs, and generous with her knowledge when she's available to be. @peaceful vintage.

You probably didn't catch the forum rules (https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/pages/Welcome-to-the-VFG-Forums-please-read/) but we do not offer valuation. You're right to want to know the condition and type of fur because that will help you assess prices. Fur is priced kind of all over the place, and the more you know, the better off you'll be.

The Fur Resource is a huge help to start with, but it sounds like you know that!

Vintagiality likes this.
  4. Laurenf

Laurenf Registered Guest

Ah, thanks so much!! I'll have all of the coats pictured so it's easier for her to help out if she has the opportunity to!

Oh right, no problem! Yeah, once I've got a good grip on what I've got, it'll be much easier to find them a loving home, thanks again <3!!

denisebrain likes this.
  5. goodison

goodison Registered Guest

6. FashionSew

FashionSew Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Debbie. I have been sewing for 50 years, as a teenager for myself and home decor, then kids costumes, theater costuming, more home decor and now am selling vintage patterns on Etsy. More importantly I love research and have an extensive collection of fashion magazines, books, cabinet cards and images. Currently I am curious about vintage gloves, especially those without any markings.

7. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

8. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Victoria is being modest. She is a wonderful researcher! She is one of several top notch finders of obscure information who generously share with us all. Welcome.
    Marian

denisebrain and Vintagiality like this.
  9. Briana

Briana Registered Guest

Hello I'm Briana I have a background in theatre and have always loved vintage fashion but only just got my first piece for personal keeping and found this site by trying to find more info on it.

10. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome, Briana. We look forward to you sharing your vintage finds!

11. Dinah's Vintage Eye Candy

Dinah's Vintage Eye Candy Registered Guest

Hi I am Dinah. Lover of fashion all my life and a hairdresser. I became interested in vintage through a friend who used to own a vintage and fine collectables store. She is retired now and I am selling some of her things on line. It is an interesting journey and I am so happy to be part of the group. I am learning about dating items and more about value as well. Vintage is an interest now and will continue to be.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  12. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Welcome Dinah!

While we can’t help with value, we have many knowledgeable members here who will be happy to share their knowledge about dating your items.

13. hoardersandcollectors

hoardersandcollectors Registered Guest

Hey am Gia & so happy to have found this forum!
    Am a vintage hoarder + collector from Newcastle Australia
    Love hunting for vintage treasures whether it be op shopping, roadside finds or on travel adventures.
    Collect mostly vintage fashion, homewares & knick knacks.
    Just found this place as have been trying to date a vintage coat from London & stumbled upon the forum.
    Stoked to connect with fellow vintage fashion lovers
    ❤️ ❤️

MagsRags and Retro Ruth like this.
  14. La Jupette

La Jupette Registered Guest

Hi, New one here. and new in "fashion" mode, went here to get answer for a jacket i found. but might fly here and there to learn interesting stuff about vintage.

See u soon !

15. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

16. Yavoneh

Yavoneh Registered Guest

I, like the others, treasure vintage items. I currently have enough things of mine, clothing and other things to start considering posting for sale. I spend many hours reading up on things because I enjoy it before I post an item. I want to do the best I can because I am no expert so I appreciate finding Vintage Fashion Guild and have read this valuable tool more than once. Vintage items intrigue me and although I don’t have many, I love vintage hats. When watching series from the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, it as all about the hats. I would love to see that happen again but I highly doubt it will happen. I love looking at the Royals and their hats! I appreciate this forum!

Midge likes this.
  17. Linn

18. Romero

Romero Registered Guest

Hi, everyone
    My name is Isabel
    I joined this forum because I'm starting to hunt vintage clothes in a thrift store and I would love to learn everything about brands, fabrics, labels, etc.
    So, Thanks and nice to meet you.

19. Linn

Welcome, Isabel. We hope you will share your finds and ask us questions on this Forum. If you have not already looked - please check our Resources on our home page for information about labels, dating, fabrics - etc!

20. Romero

Romero Registered Guest

Thanks, Linn. I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.