1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2022

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Ratcatcher2, Jan 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroSnowWhite

RetroSnowWhite Registered Guest

T
    Thank you!!

2. Darrell F

Darrell F Registered Guest

Hello Everyone -

I'm Darrell - just join VFG today. I've been a reader and, very, appreciative User of VFG for some years to assist me.

About myself - long ago, I aspired to be a Couturier but that did not materialize. I maintained a keen interest in Fashion throughout the decades.

In 2015, I started collecting (late to my dismay) - specializing in 1900s to 1970s apparel; but I will collect contemporary pieces with great design aesthetics.

I look forward to being an active participant and supporter of VFG - it having opened a world to me of many designers of whom I was unaware.

denisebrain likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Sally Cacic

Sally Cacic Registered Guest

Hello everyone! I'm Sally, I've always had a passion for vintage everything and have loved vintage fashion since I was a little girl. I started a vintage fashion club in school and got pretty badly bullied for it so I never wore vintage again until I bought a beautiful vintage dress and had it restored for my wedding in 2019. Since then I've collected a few vintage pieces and I'm slowly becoming more confident being myself and wearing the fashion I truly love, without worrying what others think. I'm on a huge learning curve with vintage fashion and still discovering my style, so I'm thrilled to have found this amazing resource!

Gail P and denisebrain like this.
  5. Darrell F

Darrell F Registered Guest

Sally -

Welcome, as a new member, too, I appreciate, deeply, the resource and well of knowledge VFG is. Glad to see you've been able to put aside the ignorance of others to allow you to discover your passion and niche....keep at it!

Gail P and denisebrain like this.
  6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Sally, and Darrell, we are so glad you are here among like-minded people!

7. Shane Didcock

Shane Didcock Registered Guest

Hi I’m Shane, I have recently made my first purchase from a charity shop of proper vintage and am interested to know more about how to date my item as well as finding out as much as I can about the designer. My daughters are also very into vintage right now so would be lovely to gain more knowledge. May recent purchase is a Maureen Baker evening coat I believe. I have added the label to the label resource as it didn’t seem to be there. I think it is likely 1970’s but not sure.

Attached Files:

8. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

9. Pam Dwyre

Pam Dwyre Registered Guest

Hello! My name is Pam and I am new to the forum. I would like to know how to tell the age of fabric. I have been looking for some fabric made in the 1970's to put on the back of a Crazy Quilt that was made in the 70's. I have some fabric that is very old that has hardly any binding on it - no manufacturer info nor other clues - no words or numbers at all. It is also quite thin.

10. Midge

11. Nostalgia

Nostalgia Registered Guest

Hello, and Happy Valentines Day!

I've been a fan of this site for quite a few years now, and have finally decided to join today. While I love all things vintage, and have a great eye (instinct) for the quality and construction that was inherent to the bygone era, I'm an absolute novice when it comes to dating or identifying fabrics, designers, time-period, etc.

I'm hoping to learn from everyone here, and looking forward to sharing our fabulous finds from the days of yore...

Thank you for putting together this wonderful site filled with a plethora of information and resources!
    :clapping:

denisebrain likes this.
  12. Midge

13. poisson_rouge

poisson_rouge Registered Guest

Hello hello! My name is Sam (they, she). I'm an artist and vintage/antique fashion collector in New York. I've been a lurker on here for awhile and very grateful for all the info I've gathered! Decided to go ahead and join because I'm going to start selling soon (!!!).

I'm all over the 20th century when it comes to collecting -- styles I seek out in any decade are maxi length skirts, embroidery, sequins, lace, and big sleeves. Very into restoring 1930's pieces right now. My current avatar is a 1970's St John's Knit mini with bishop sleeves and crocheted cuffs.

Thrilled to be here!

14. Midge

15. Gail P

Gail P Registered Guest

Hi folks,
    I love vintage things I guess because they bring back memories of my childhood. At the moment I'm finding some items left to us by my hubby's parents (passed on) and we are trying to learn something about them.
    From rural Australia,
    Gail =)

Nostalgia likes this.
  16. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Gail,
    Welcome and please feel free to post photos and ask about any vintage clothing items or accessories that you may have inherited.

Gail P likes this.
  17. Gail P

Gail P Registered Guest

Thank you. I have a couple of things I will take photos of that I'd like to know more about. =)

18. 1002wave

1002wave Registered Guest

Hello my name is Gloria and I live in Italy. I’ve always been passionate about vintage fashion and I’ve recently started my personal collection of unique pieces I find mainly in charity and second-hand shops. I’m so happy to join this wonderful community and hope to learn from you all!

My latest discovery is a Pierre Cardin Boutique pink&black mini dress which I think could be dated to late 60s/early 70s (I’ve found the same label within the Label Resource). I still cannot believe it went unnoticed for months so they were almost giving it away for free…

19. Midge

20. Yahiko

Yahiko Registered Guest

Hello Everyone! I am Flori. Since pandemic started my love for vintage stuff has grown! I love jackets and dresses ❤️ I am new to this and continually expanding my knowledge. I hope in the future if I have question that I cant search on web please help me ❤️

denisebrain and Retro Ruth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.