1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2022

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Ratcatcher2, Jan 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deevintage

Deevintage Registered Guest

This is the same curiosity that brought me here, except I am going though my own closet. Some things have magically "shrunk"in there over the years. Ahh. I love clothing, and find the labels and the styles interesting as well. Fun to stumble across other people with similar interests.

denisebrain likes this.
  2. Gioiella

Gioiella Registered Guest

Hi all!
    I'm Rita. First of all, sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker, I'm Italian.
    I landed in this forum because I have some eye glasses from my father and I'm trying to identify it. Until now i had no luck through normal Google researches and I'm far away to be a vintage expert. So, after a lot of hours, I found this forum and i joined :D i hope to find my answers here on these mysterious glasses.

Thanks!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

4. denisebrain

Welcome to you Sashi! @Sashikant

5. denisebrain

Welcome @Deevintage :hiya:

If you figure out why, would you mind telling me? :hysterical:

Lynn Marrapodi likes this.
  6. Lynn Marrapodi

Lynn Marrapodi Registered Guest

View attachment 158427 Hi! I'm Lynn Marrapodi. I'm a former Fashion Stylist, photo producer, creative director, and adjunct professor at FIT. I am seeking to identify many vintage pieces I have collected over many years!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

8. Vintage Friends

Vintage Friends VFG Member

Hi, I'm Melinda and I live overlooking the Los Angeles Harbor. I've been selling vintage online since January 2010, but have collected it since I was a kid. I grew up in my mom's antique shop and have a secret talent for finding great stuff out in the wild. In fact, I find so much stuff that I'm hoping some day to find the right business partner. I sell vintage on Etsy, Ebay, Shop Thrilling, and other online platforms. I am always learning more details and love the imagined back stories of the things I find.

9. Midge

10. fashionpastforward

fashionpastforward VFG Member

My name is Avera. I am a fashion/history major at Mercyhurst University in Erie,PA. I enjoy researching and writing about fashion history. I’m excited to learn from this group. It’s a great resource.

Cestsibon likes this.
  11. Midge

12. KatFah

KatFah Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Kathy and I live in Australia - I am not sure if this will be of benefit for me or not, as a lot of my queries may be re Australian designers? I have a lot of vintage clothing that I have as a collection. I am in the process of making space so I have been trying to date a lot of it to establish a selling price etc. I research through buy swap & sell sites and Ebay & Etsy, as well as google etc. to see if I can find info. Sometimes I get stuck and it is how I came across this site as I was looking for info on a designer, 'Paul Jason', and google bought up a conversation on this forum. I look forward to having a look around and chatting to you all.

13. Midge

14. JanBag

JanBag Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Jan. I have collected and researched vintage costume jewelry for several years. My mom was a solderer in the Providence RI jewelry industry most of her working life. I gained a wealth of knowledge about costume jewelry from her but I am still learning. I hope to connect with other jewelry collectors and share knowledge.

15. Nelleke

Nelleke Registered Guest

Hi!
    My name is Nelleke, I'm Dutch and I live in France. I came across this website while searching for information about vintage dresses.
    Looks like a very interesting way to find out about things from the past.

Since I studied in Amsterdam in the 70s and discovered Laura Ashley, I am addicted to the clothes and fabrics of Laura Ashley. I bought my first dress and blouse in the shop along the canals in Amsterdam with my hard earned money working as a student.
    I was sorry to hear that the shops had to close down. After covid, I started emptying my closets and asked my daughters if they were interested in my vintage LA clothes. They were not, alas ;), so I looked around to see what to do with my clothes and I discovered a whole new world.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  16. Midge

17. blackstarlight17

blackstarlight17 Registered Guest

Hello, I'm Caitlin.

I was referred here from Reddit. I joined here hoping to learn more about a clothing set I inherited from my mom.

18. Midge

19. ActuallyVintage

ActuallyVintage Registered Guest

Hey, all! I collect and sell on a few sites. I looooove Vintage Fashion Guild - it's been an amazing resource: particularly for dating clothes based on the label resource. Looking forward to contributing. I also would love help identifying this designer... Have a gold lame pussy bow blouse with an unusual label - any ideas???

Attached Files:

20. Midge

Hello and welcome to the forums, @ActuallyVintage ! Can you please post your question in a new thread in our Q&A forum, and please also with photos of your blouse? That's the right place to ask such questions :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.